DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed FAA 107

billy750cc

Reactions
I passed with a 90%.
There was a lot of ?s that involved sectional charts. probable 40%.
Several on regulations, like what to do with a drone registered in a foreign country brought back to the US. I still don't know.
Some ?s I had never even seen reference material to what the ? was about
I did what Gary Glenn suggested and selected the most conservative answer.
A few on weather, PIC and visual observer.
I watched a lot of youtube videos. Tony Northrup, Gary Glenn, The Drone Coach to name a few.
I printed out the FAA study guide. I spent a lot of time figuring out runway direction and where a plane would be in relation to the runway
and did not get a single question about it. I was ready though.
The Dallas sectional chart which is a mess, was for 4-5 questions.
There were 12 ?s that I was not positive that I had correct after going through each ? twice. I used common sense, picked the most conservative answer, or guessed at the ones I was unsure of.
It was not an easy test. I went over each ? twice and finished with 20 min to spare.

Good Luck!

Sorry for the slight editorial but, did you feel like it was more of an initiation hazing instead of a test for piloting a drone?

Sorry for the slight editorial but, did you feel like it was more of an initiation hazing instead of a test for piloting a drone?
I do feel like I was asked for a lot of information that will soon slip out of memory because I will not need to know it as a drone pilot.
I got a sense that the test makers didn't really know what to ask specifically for drone pilots. Like the test was a bit broad in some regards.
I can see it as being part initiation into regulated flight. Hazing seems a little heavy-handed though.

Reactions: tck444
I do feel like I was asked for a lot of information that will soon slip out of memory because I will not need to know it as a drone pilot.
I got a sense that the test makers didn't really know what to ask specifically for drone pilots. Like the test was a bit broad in some regards.
I can see it as being part initiation into regulated flight. Hazing seems a little heavy-handed though.
Thanks for the reply. I am tempted to start studying but I don't have an immediate need for the license. Perhaps some future use and educational purpose only at this time? Of course, the retesting and recurring fees have kept me from pursuing further.

Congratulations and good to hear about your experience!

That's awesome...congrats!! Yeah, the test is not easy and you do have to really think about some of the answers. I was kinda bummed I got a 78% since I was getting in the 90s on my practice tests, but passing is passing :)

Reactions: DBT_Drone
Nice Strat maggior.
I took some of the practice tests online and some of the answers were not what I was finding in the study guide or some of the videos either. I felt less confident after taking a couple of the tests. They were helpful for getting a feel for how the questions were worded and the brainpower that was going to be needed to calculate, figure out or pull the right answer from memory. I brought the study guide to the testing center with me and studied in the hallway before the test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000