DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed part 107 92%

METARS was kicking my *** too, but the way those questions were worded in the test made finding the answer in that ugly alphanumeric mess easier (for me anyway).

I thought that was the easier part of the learning I took to the TAF and METAR and weather associated impacts on UAVs well.

My exam was $150

Congrats, being that we just took ours in end of Feb Im curious to see how long for the physical hard copy to show up

I took the test on Nov. 15th. Just got my hard copy two weeks ago. Of course we had the government shutdown during this time which, I’m sure delayed the process.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
I would do that and take the practice test on 3DR. I also downloaded a app for 4.99. Remote Pilot. They are useful.

I took the 3DR practice test, the RemotePilot101 practice test (as this was the course I signed up for), and some law office one I found, as well as kings school I think it was practice exam and between the Kings school and 3DR and RemotePilot101 it covered a lot of the same material you would see on the test.

Some were almost exactly and some were not so try not to just memorize the questions, actually understand them

Reactions: Rolltide4474
congrats - I've been doing a little studying but need to buckle down and get more time on the charts, weather forecast info, etc and get the test scheduled....
If you want to break into the 90's, be sure to understand effects of loads, and weather questions like what conditions exist under lenticular clouds, not just reading METARS.

Reactions: Rolltide4474
I took the 3DR practice test, the RemotePilot101 practice test (as this was the course I signed up for), and some law office one I found, as well as kings school I think it was practice exam and between the Kings school and 3DR and RemotePilot101 it covered a lot of the same material you would see on the test.

Some were almost exactly and some were not so try not to just memorize the questions, actually understand them

Great idea. Because honestly only about 3 or 4 questions were similar to those practice test. You have to closely read the actual test question. At least on my test their were more trick questions I had to read a couple of times.

Passed mine on Thursday! 2/21.
Glad I watched the 3DR video and did not rely on memorizing the answers. Barely a dozen of the online practice test questions were on my test.
Heads up for anyone about to take the test, make sure you know how to read the charts etc., first and be prepared for the ambivalent questions/answers.
Came out with an 87% result, I could have done better by being better prepared.

Reactions: tleedom
Great idea. Because honestly only about 3 or 4 questions were similar to those practice test. You have to closely read the actual test question. At least on my test their were more trick questions I had to read a couple of times.

For my test it was just the opposite, the 3DR and King Schools free practice tests hit over 80% of what I was asked (not verbatim but close enough). But that was my test, I believe I read somewhere (take it for what it worth) that the FAA draws from a database of 400+ questions and my test proctor said they have been randomly including one extra question on some tests to evaluate new questions to add. My test only had the normal 60.

I liked the how Kings tests let you focus on one area only if you wanted to.

Free 3DR 107 tests
FAA Part 107 Drone Exam Practice Tests - Page 1 | 3DR

Free Kings Schools tests
Free FAA Drone Pilot Test by King Schools

Last edited:
Congratulations! I passed but not with a 92%!
I'm still waiting for my license to arrive. I took the test in December! I did print out a copy of the temp one though.
Took mine in late November.. I have my temp card but nothing in the mail yet

Only took 24 hours for IACRA to be able to see my results and submit my application, says it should take 7 days to see a temporary certificate available. At that point will I then be ok to fly under part 107?

Congrats!
i just passed mine also,what was the timeframe for the results of test to hit IACRA?to apply for lic

Congrats!
i just passed mine also,what was the timeframe for the results of test to hit IACRA?to apply for lic
I was able to enter my data into IACRA two days after I passed the test. The temporary cert arrived a week after the test and the permanent "hard card" arrived earlier this month, six weeks after the test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki