DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed the Part 107 today... but.

Hobo

Reactions
After a few weeks of fairly intense study, today I passed the Part 107 exam with a 90%. So far, so good. The problem is when I submitted my application online to the FAA and filled out the application and electronically signed it and submitted it. I noticed I made a mistake with my SS#!! I've heard they do background checks before issuing the certification, so I'm afraid my application will get rejected. Has anyone ever done anything this stupid? And, do you know of anyway to remedy it? I've already emailed their help desk... I'm not optimistic being it's the government.

Wondering if you can submit another application with the correct info. Might not accept it because other info is duplicated but might be worth a shot.

Good luck...

Wondering if you can submit another application with the correct info. Might not accept it because other info is duplicated but might be worth a shot.

Good luck...
Thanks for that. Their Helpdesk says the application can't be deleted. And, referred me to a convoluted process of submitting a 'paper' application by contacting a regional office to cancel the first one. Just got to love the government.

is there no one you can speak to on the phone?

The FAA does an in-depth background check for a 107 cert? I did not know that.

Good to know though, I'll be going for my 107 after we get settled down in this new house. Hopefully my fat fingers won't type in anything wrong! lol

Maybe you'll get your dilemma fixed soon - the speed of government reticence at times notwithstanding - hope it's ASAP

Reactions: Hobo
After a few weeks of fairly intense study, today I passed the Part 107 exam with a 90%. So far, so good. The problem is when I submitted my application online to the FAA and filled out the application and electronically signed it and submitted it. I noticed I made a mistake with my SS#!! I've heard they do background checks before issuing the certification, so I'm afraid my application will get rejected. Has anyone ever done anything this stupid? And, do you know of anyway to remedy it? I've already emailed their help desk... I'm not optimistic being it's the government.
Congrats on passing the exam! Safe & happy flying!

I had something very similar happen when the testing centers were administering the exams. You had to give them your information. They dropped a letter from my first name. After taking and passing the test, I pointed out the spelling error to the proctor. !!! Too bad for me!
I had to go through the process you are describing. Took about two months to get it fixed and receive my card, but that was BEFORE Covid.
Prepare to be patient.

is there no one you can speak to on the phone?
I have called and got to talk to them. But, other than getting my local district office to help me re-submit my application, there's not much they can do. My district office doesn't answer their phones (only voice mail, leave a message) and everyone's working from home these days. It may be a while to navigate the bureaucratic mess.

Quick update: The local district office contacted me by email and requested a new corrected filled-out application and a copy of my Part 107 exam test results. I'm scheduled for a zoom call tomorrow to finalize things. So, it looks like the things will work out with getting my certificate.

Last update: The local office emailed my temporary Part 107 Pilot Certificate this morning. The FAA actually responded quite quickly and positively. I'm very impressed.

Last update: The local office emailed my temporary Part 107 Pilot Certificate this morning. The FAA actually responded quite quickly and positively. I'm very impressed.
Excellent! Congrats...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S