DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload Drop System

stpatrick

Reactions
I am interested I purchasing a payload dropping system for my Mavic 2..There are many different versions online…Does anyone have any recommendations on a reliable system that isn’t too expensive?

We use the Drone sky hook for search and rescue , its very reliable.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Reactions: joeywestside
I am interested I purchasing a payload dropping system for my Mavic 2..There are many different versions online…Does anyone have any recommendations on a reliable system that isn’t too expensive?
I use the one that has a servo and pin mechanism. It pulls the pin back to drop it's payload. The servo activates by turning the drones landing light on and off, thus you can make a drop as far as your RC and Drone can stay connected. Others I have seen, have their own rc to control the drop mechanism. Those are only good for short range drops. Also, I was able to modify my light controlled drop device to fit on all my drones. It was originally for a M2P, but now it fits on my mini, air2, m2p and evo 2. I just use 10lb strength velcro and attach it to the top and let the pin mechanism hang in the center side of the fuselage. Then I modified the light sensor to attach over the landing light, also using velcro.

I use the one that has a servo and pin mechanism. It pulls the pin back to drop it's payload. The servo activates by turning the drones landing light on and off, thus you can make a drop as far as your RC and Drone can stay connected. Others I have seen, have their own rc to control the drop mechanism. Those are only good for short range drops. Also, I was able to modify my light controlled drop device to fit on all my drones. It was originally for a M2P, but now it fits on my mini, air2, m2p and evo 2. I just use 10lb strength velcro and attach it to the top and let the pin mechanism hang in the center side of the fuselage. Then I modified the light sensor to attach over the landing light, also using velcro.
This would be the system that originally used the Nav. lights? You mentioned modified, so I am guessing that is what you mean, such as this: https://www.amazon.com/Hooshion-Release-Delivery-Advertising-Thrower/dp/B07WLLFBFZ/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2XFFX34TBCQI3&dchild=1&keywords=dji+mavic+2+drop+and+release&qid=1621472543&sprefix=DJI+Mavic+2+drop,aps,192&sr=8-12

Are you mapping your landing lights to a C1 or C2 thus why you changed it from Nav. Light?

This would be the system that originally used the Nav. lights? You mentioned modified, so I am guessing that is what you mean, such as this: https://www.amazon.com/Hooshion-Release-Delivery-Advertising-Thrower/dp/B07WLLFBFZ/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2XFFX34TBCQI3&dchild=1&keywords=dji+mavic+2+drop+and+release&qid=1621472543&sprefix=DJI+Mavic+2+drop,aps,192&sr=8-12

Are you mapping your landing lights to a C1 or C2 thus why you changed it from Nav. Light?
I am using the drop system in your link. I cut the thing in half and put the 2 pieces together in a different orientation so the pin can hang down the side of the drones I use, instead of under. It works fine that way and it's not blocking any sensors on the underside of the drones it wasn't originally designed for.

I'm not using the C1 or C2. I just use the app to turn the landing light on or off. I had to change the sensor location to the landing lights, because after I modified it, the wire wouldn't reach the nav lights. The landing light works better anyway. It's brighter, so it activates and deactivates the pin more consistently.

I use the drop system, usually when fishing, dropping water balloons on friends, dropping paper airplanes, parachutes, or just playing around with target practice. It's fun. The wind really changes where the payload lands. Even slight winds.

The attached pic is the drop System on my Evo2. you can see the pin hanging down the side of the fuselage.

Attachments

• Modded Drop System.jpg
    Modded Drop System.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

I have been using this Hanatora model (less than $40 at Amazon) and it works great with my Mavic Air 2. Earlier models apparently interfered with the battery release button, but this one has relief and doesn't interfere at all. It's the type with a servo mechanism to pull a release pin (very smooth action), and the clip-on attachment strap works fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580