DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload release mechanism for MM

fpvaddict

Reactions
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a Mavic mini and am curious if anyone has used any of the payload release mechanisms, specifically for fishing. I would like to use it to carry out my line with a lure or bait.

I have seen several "payload tests" of the MM and one guy got 16 min with a 100+ gram payload with some moderately intense flying. On Ebay there are several servo payload release mechanisms under $30 weighing less than 25 grams, so I think its possible.

Curious if anyone has tried it, or has any payload release mechanisms they would suggest for the MM. I also am slightly confused as to how I would sync the payload release mechanism servo with a controller on the ground. Here is the one I am considering on Ebay :

This is a "dual payload" release which I truly don't need, but I like the price and weight. Any other suggestions? Or what else would I need to make this payload release fully functional?

Thanks!

If you are only interested in "delivering" lure or bait to a specific spot, I don't think there's any need for the extra complication, weight and cost of a servo type dropping device. A simple forward facing hook should do the trick. It would be made of stiff wire with the hook shaped like an "L" (with the base or horizontal part of the L facing forward). Line would be looped over the bottom of the L "hook", then flown out to the drop site. The drone is turned to face the operator and the line comes off. Simple

Reactions: tpn12345
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest