DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload

Jack0202

Reactions
Hello,
My Mavic Mini is equipped with a Mini Strobe Light Kit Including Arc Strobe Light by Firehouse Technology + Folding Landing Gear Height Extender (9 grams total) + 4 Pieces Motor Cover Caps (Each cover weight less than 1gram) and an ND filter.

My question: based on these accessories, is it recommended to enable the "Payload" function?
Thanks in advance for the effort.

Hello,
My Mavic Mini is equipped with a Mini Strobe Light Kit Including Arc Strobe Light by Firehouse Technology + Folding Landing Gear Height Extender (9 grams total) + 4 Pieces Motor Cover Caps (Each cover weight less than 1gram) and an ND filter.

My question: based on these accessories, is it recommended to enable the "Payload" function?
Thanks in advance for the effort.
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the drone can make that decision on its own. I gather that it measures power used to lift off and knows if it is overweight.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the drone can make that decision on its own. I gather that it measures power used to lift off and knows if it is overweight.

That is correct. When I was using the blade guards, after it got off the ground it would automatically enter payload mode.

Okay, it could and perhaps it is, but then the question remains for me, why there is an option in the menu to enable the "Payload" in advance.

And after all, this is what I find out from DJI:

If accessories are mounted on Mavic Mini, it is recommended to activate the charging mode for more safety. After take-off, the charge mode is automatically activated when a charge is detected. Please note that the maximum operating range above sea level is 1500 m and the maximum flight speed is limited when the charge mode is engaged.

Frankly, I find it a bit confusing, or is it me?.................

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98