DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Peaceful Morning 2

Beautiful, very smooth footage. I really like the opening scene where you're basically at eye level on land, then head out over the water. If this wasn't posted to a drone site, I might have thought you were walking with a steady cam until the departure over the water. I'm amazed that the ducks don't mind you flying so close to them.

My one suggestion is to turn off auto exposure. In the scenes where you do a slow gimbal up, as more sky enters the image, the ground goes dark, and does so in distinct bands. This is distracting, especially as the ground remains your focal point, so everyone is looking at it as it gets darker until you can't make out detail. Set the exposure before you begin, and keep it consistent.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Montreal_Mavic
Beautiful, very smooth footage. I really like the opening scene where you're basically at eye level on land, then head out over the water. If this wasn't posted to a drone site, I might have thought you were walking with a steady cam until the departure over the water. I'm amazed that the ducks don't mind you flying so close to them.

My one suggestion is to turn off auto exposure. In the scenes where you do a slow gimbal up, as more sky enters the image, the ground goes dark, and does so in distinct bands. This is distracting, especially as the ground remains your focal point, so everyone is looking at it as it gets darker until you can't make out detail. Set the exposure before you begin, and keep it consistent.

Thanks Peel! About the auto exposure you are right, it's always off usually but i did the firmware update before the flight and it did a reset on it and forgot to turn it off -_- will do for next time!

Agree about the ducks not being too upset with the drone -- this is good news for folks wanting to capture wildlife but not wantling to disturb them.

There's a weird compression thing going on about midway witht he grass and trees blocking up. But, as the drone flys higher the problem seems to go away. That blockiness is worisome to me.

Brian

@Raptorman, do you have a time mark for the blockiness? The blocking that I see I'm attributing to the autoexposure as it jumps from setting to setting. This can cause blockiness in compressed video as the B-frames are updated from different values.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69