DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pet Rescue Drone Shot Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Pietros and Drgnfli
"It was a shotgun so even though he was wrong to do it no one on the ground was in any danger. "
Yes possibly this time but the thing that scares the heck out of me was the attitude and thought process that said hey I am going to get my gun and solve this situation...that idiot is not going to fly over my land.
I wonder if he keeps one in his car or truck just in case somebody cuts him off:mad:
I can hear it now... BANG...stop or I will shoot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mikemoose55

Remember to fly above the effective range of a shotgun ;)
There are some interesting comments to one of the news articles, I did not realize there was such an anti drone sentiment. Rethinking where I fly now, no more quick flights around my neighborhood - there's at least one crazy guy in my area.

Reactions: Concern and kadras
"It was a shotgun so even though he was wrong to do it no one on the ground was in any danger. "
Yes possibly this time but the thing that scares the heck out of me was the attitude and thought process that said hey I am going to get my gun and solve this situation...that idiot is not going to fly over my land.
I wonder if he keeps one in his car or truck just in case somebody cuts him off:mad:
I can hear it now... BANG...stop or I will shoot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mikemoose55
Yeah it’s crazy how out of control people can be with their emotions.

What's amazing to me is that almost everyone opposed to a drone over their house sites invasion of privacy as the #1 concern. And yet...I'm sure these same people have posted EVERYTHING in their lives on social media.

Though I agree the guy is an idiot for shooting at it. If I was to fly my drone within 100 to 150ft to houses here in the foothills of TN. I would bet mine would end up with the same fate. As Bliksem stated. Always keep it out shotgun range. :)

Reactions: RogerMav
We seem to live in a world of growing paranoia and less privacy. I don’t know why people would worry about drones; US satellites have had enough resolution to read your license plate from low Earth orbit for over a decade.
Read licence plates? I think not, just about identify the make of car on a good day..

It was a shotgun so even though he was wrong to do it no one on the ground was in any danger.
It depends on what load he was using in the shotgun. A rifled slug can cause some damage on the way down.

1551118920449.png

I wonder since all of our drones have to be registered with the FAA if that would make it a federal matter?

It would be a federal matter but probably not worth the effort to pursue it.

It would be a federal matter but probably not worth the effort to pursue it.
If it were a law enforcement drone, I am sure the outcome would be way different. Sort of when a bad guy shoots at a K9.

I wonder when someone will be made an example of, and federally charged. This can't go on... Wait until drones are used for medical transport...
M2Z_Shot_Down_Dog_Search_title.jpg
Mavic 2 Zoom shot down

It looks like some of the shot of the shotgun shell nailed one of the props, at least. The Pilot said the screen just went black. Wonder what happened exactly.

When I was a kid, a 'friend' of mine threw rocks at seagulls circling the basketball courts. They ganged up on him, and covered him with seagull love.

There should be an FAA waiver to allow flaming poop to be dropped (no pun intended) on those who wield their best wishes upon us.

Well its hard not to talk about guns in a thread like this but guys lets please not Talk About Gun Rights '
You have them or you don't but this forum is not a Gun forum so please lets not go there .

So playing the other side, just for the sake of discussion, not a single person in this thread said anything about the pet finders flying BVLOS. If you read the article it says they knew something happened when they lost telemetry, but they didn't know that it was shot down until the Police went to investigate. That to me means they were out of VLOS because if they could see the bird then they would have been able to hear the gunshot and put 2 and 2 together before the police came. Somehow I don't think they would have been able to get a waiver for BVLOS in a neighborhood looking for pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King