DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phoenix to use Drones to save lives

Drones on the mountain trails are a great idea. The trails should be closed whenever the temperature reaches 100 degrees though. The firemen shouldn't have to risk their lives for idiots. Just recently 8 women from out of state had to be rescued because they weren't used to the climate, putting by firemen in danger also.

Reactions: Gagey52
Yea I agree, these out of shape people go hiking in a 100+ weather with no water and then need to be rescued. Close the trails and if ya ignore the closed sign your on your own no help coming. Sorry but you can't fix stupid.

Reactions: tommytavor
There is an ordinance that closes select trails during an Excessive Heat Warning.

Select Phoenix Trails will be Restricted During Days of Extreme Heat

I don’t like the idea, as an avid hiker who likes open trails. It makes sense though, as newcomers often don’t understand the landscape, local weather, or their own bodily limitations apparently. There are dozens of unmanaged, non-public, non-urban trails that I hike, and I’m fully aware of the risk should I take them in the middle of a summer day. Closing select trails will help reduce rescue incidents, as these popular trails are in urban areas, and many 1st timers take them. Still, it could push more motivated but unexperiened hikers to places like South Mountain, and the same results might ensue.

Besides that, even experienced desert hikers can fall or otherwise get into a bad situation. Drone use for 1st responders is no-brainer for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb