DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone charging

rcmatmat

Reactions
How come the UK version doesn't have the charge phone options or an I missing something.

Hmm if you're talking about phone charging when plugged into the controller, mine works fine, and I'm using Android?

Hmm if you're talking about phone charging when plugged into the controller, mine works fine, and I'm using Android?
yes, that's the issue, for Android it's always charging the phone. For iPhone, you have an option in the Fly app to turn charging on or off.

yes, that's the issue, for Android it's always charging the phone. For iPhone, you have an option in the Fly app to turn charging on or off.
Ah - got it! Why wouldn't you want it to charge the phone? I assume to save battery in the controller?

Ah - got it! Why wouldn't you want it to charge the phone? I assume to save battery in the controller?
well, I never turn it on with my iPhone because my phone always has plenty of battery so there's no point in draining the controller's battery faster. Furthermore, when flying in hot conditions, charging is just going to make things even hotter, which is not ideal for either phone or controller.

Reactions: cdrracing
Thanks for clarifying that but I must say after running 3 batteries through the drone my phone doesn't get hot.

I run three batteries through and the controller is never more than half used. On Android

Same for me, I have no problem with the phone charging, always have plenty charge left on the controller & nothing gets hot

I didn’t say it gets hot, i said it will get hotter when using it in very hot weather and maybe in sunlight. The fact that charging makes things hotter is a simple fact of batteries. Whether that makes it reach too high temperatures is a different matter and varies from phone to phone.
In any case, if all you guys are happy with your phone always drawing current from the RC then there’s no issue, everybody’s happy :)

Reactions: THE CYBORG
well, I never turn it on with my iPhone because my phone always has plenty of battery so there's no point in draining the controller's battery faster. Furthermore, when flying in hot conditions, charging is just going to make things even hotter, which is not ideal for either phone or controller.
I have a new Mini 2 with the latest software. I've seen screenshots of the switch in the app under the controller tab about 2/3 down the options to turn on phone charging but my software doesn't even have the switch to turn it on? What am missing? I'm using an iphone. Thanks

I didn’t say it gets hot, i said it will get hotter when using it in very hot weather and maybe in sunlight. The fact that charging makes things hotter is a simple fact of batteries. Whether that makes it reach too high temperatures is a different matter and varies from phone to phone.
In any case, if all you guys are happy with your phone always drawing current from the RC then there’s no issue, everybody’s happy :)
It isn't that some are happy or not happy, it has always been that way. Most knew this when they bought their first DJI Drone some 6 years ago, if not before with another peripheral plugged into a android phone. It was talked about in the Phantom 3 threads way back when, and every other thread on any DJI since...nothing new.

I have a new Mini 2 with the latest software. I've seen screenshots of the switch in the app under the controller tab about 2/3 down the options to turn on phone charging but my software doesn't even have the switch to turn it on? What am missing? I'm using an iphone. Thanks

DJI recently removed the option

DJI recently removed the option
DJI may have removed the option but the controller DOES charge your phone, like it or not.
Even with MM2 drone off, with the phone and controller connected and both on, as I drive from one site to another, the controller charges the phone. About 15%/hour.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simplefillus