DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone for rc

manc54

Reactions
Hi guys. I am after some advice.

I am correct to think that I could use my old phone with the DJI fly app on my contoller. ( without sim )

I was thinking I had to have my phone WiFi on for any updates to the app but have since read on the forum that using airplane mode would be better.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is a real noob question

Kind regards

@manc54 it depends if the old phone is capable of running the fly app
yes you will have to have the WIFI enabled to do updates but not while you are actually flying, if you do decide to try it out its better to wipe off most of the apps you have on the phone and just use it for flying your drone with also disable cache to device in the settings so you are not filling up the phones storage capacity the pics it stores are only low res anyway unlike the ones on the SD card in the drone

Reactions: Yeunglings
@manc54 it depends if the old phone is capable of running the fly app
yes you will have to have the WIFI enabled to do updates but not while you are actually flying, if you do decide to try it out its better to wipe off most of the apps you have on the phone and just use it for flying your drone with also disable cache to device in the settings so you are not filling up the phones storage capacity the pics it stores are only low res anyway unlike the ones on the SD card in the drone
Do you know if there is a list anywhere of what android phones are compatible with the app. And thanks for the reply

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo