DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo from exactly the same spot in the air.

NK91

Reactions
Hi All,

I'm kinda new in this stuff, recently bought a DJI Mavic Pro.
My girlfriend and I bought a house what they're gonna build the coming months. Every week there will be some changes on the construction side. My idea is to bring the mavic up a hight 20 or 30 meters in the air. And turn my gimbal all the way down. Make a photo and do it the upcoming weeks when the house is getting shape. I'm a beginner with the DJI and it's software and app. Could someone please help me out how to get it in the exact same location every time it goes into the air.

Kindly greetings,
Nick

For a simple same point repeat shot, Go 4 Waypoint mode should work. Remember to check your focus, white balance, and shutter speed before you take the picture. I use the histogram to judge the brightness of a shot.

As for the "exact same location", it will be close but may vary by a couple feet. It depends on how well the GPS system is working. The more satellites detected the better for accuracy.

Litchi has a more complex waypoint mode that would work better if you wanted more complexity.

If you can set the take off point directly below where you want to take your shots, just take off to same altitude and take shots before moving anywhere. It should hold position if it has a good ground lock.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman