DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

photo from video

A simple way is to use the free VLC player on your computer or laptop. Play the video on VLC, pause the video exactly where you want, right click and I think on the appeared menu there is an option somewhere like screenshot or take a picture....

Reactions: Jiker69
An other simple option is to play the video full screen , press the screenshot keyboard button, open the paint app on your windows , click new file and paste...

When you catch a screenshot beware:
If you take a screenshot directly on your phone on your monitor , the resolution is the phone or monitor's resolution.
If you take a screenshot through VLC , the resolution is the actual resolution of the video. For example if you take a screenshot of your 4K video on your phone , the resolution of the screenshot is much lower than 4K, it is the resolution of the phone screen. You could find out if you make zoom of the the captured screenshot.

I use Davinci Resolve for editing video, so I just use the "grab still" function, then export it.

I have a iMac and just press shift-command-4 at the same time and use the mouse
to drag the box to get a still of a video and save it. Have a 5K screen. Does good enough from me .

When you catch a screenshot beware:
If you take a screenshot directly on your phone on your monitor , the resolution is the phone or monitor's resolution.
If you take a screenshot through VLC , the resolution is the actual resolution of the video. For example if you take a screenshot of your 4K video on your phone , the resolution of the screenshot is much lower than 4K, it is the resolution of the phone screen. You could find out if you make zoom of the the captured screenshot.
This is a great point!

Reactions: iamcostas
This is a great point!
Hello dozzn
My phone is full of screenshots because my memory is bad, it is frustrating sometimes because I make zoom in at some screenshots and I can't see clearly some details like texts. screenshots is one way to memorise but not always the best. Or sometimes I send text notes to myself. Hit wood, I hope my memory is not going to get worse in the future ?

Reactions: Jiker69 and dozzn
AvideMux is one I use. It's free and will let you move through the video one frame at a time for just the right shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle