DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo Lat and Long

joecnc2006

Reactions
Can someone confirm if the issue with the precision of the Lat and Long has been corrected? Issue in past was the round off of the seconds and not carried out far enough to have accurate precision.
Maybe post a photo or if someone can email me a current photo.

Thanks,
Joe

Issue in past was the round off of the seconds and not carried out far enough to have accurate precision.
This is an EXIF sample output of a Mavic AIR with Lat/Long values:

AIR_LatLong.JPG

where were these values obtained (how) I usually see in photo properties and details?

Attachments

• Lat-Long.JPG
    Lat-Long.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 35
I can confirm the lat and long works well on the MA.
I flew a mapping mission an collected photos and processed with three sources with good results and google mil file came in correctly as much as it could without ground point within 1m. And decimal place is carried out now like it is on phantom series.

So does that mean the problem has been fixed for those who try to do aerial mapping?

DJI previously encoded latitude/longitude in degrees, minutes, seconds with a resolution of 1/100 second. That gives a resolution of around 30 cm. Current firmware encodes in decimal degrees to 7 decimal places, which gives around 1 cm resolution.

Note that both those options give higher resolution than the accuracy of the GPS units by a factor of at least 10.

Reactions: Prismatic
... Note that both those options give higher resolution than the accuracy of the GPS units by a factor of at least 10.
As in the credits for the old Car Talk radio program, "Statistics by Marge Innoverra." ?

Reactions: Mrmund
Flight Mission and everything worked well with dronedeploy for the flight and then Metashape to proccess.

Attachments

• Office Flight resize.jpg
    Office Flight resize.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greasyrider