DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo type question

JCapps

Reactions
So from I understand a raw photo is a better option for editing vs a jpg photo. I set my options in my menu to take pictures as both so I could view both and edit both to try and see the difference in editing. When I viewed my photos I expected to see 2 photos, 1 of each photo type but that was not the case. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

When I viewed my photos I expected to see 2
View them where? If you are referring to the gallery within the app, you will only see one image. However, when you transfer them to your PC you will see two versions of the same image. One jpg and one DNG

Reactions: sarahb
I downloaded them to my phone then transferred to my pc and there is only 1 picture of each. The pictures that I took in raw and jpg are only showing as a picture in raw.

I downloaded them to my phone then transferred to my pc and there is only 1 picture of each. The pictures that I took in raw and jpg are only showing as a picture in raw.
Leave the phone out of the equation. Use a SD Card reader and transfer them directly to your PC

Reactions: sarahb
Leave the phone out of the equation. Use a SD Card reader and transfer them directly to your PC

That did the trick. Just viewed the pictures on my pc directly from the SD card and there they are. Figured it may be something simple that I was doing wrong. Appreciate the help.

Reactions: GFields
I personally don't bother with the JPG's. It's just more files to manage. It's pretty wild what the jpg conversion does to a file (don't get me started on discreet cosine transforms) but yes, a lot of the data is thrown away, so you really want RAW files for editing. Once you have a final image, then jpg's are fine for posting or sending around.

Reactions: JCapps and Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmec24