DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo / video altitude, speed, distance information

Maxfly27

Reactions
So I can see this information on my screen obviously when I take a picture or video. How do I show this same information when looking at the pictures and videos. Someone asked me about the altitude for one of my pictures and I only had my memory to estimate it. I've seen youtube videos where I think this information was showing on the picture and video but haven't figured out where that setting is if it exists. TIA.

I think the photo EXIF data already has this, and you can see it with something that will display the data. To get it on the video you have to enable video subtitiles in the app. I didn't check to see if it is there with the Air 2, but it is with many of the DJI drones, so should be.

Reactions: Maxfly27
I think the photo EXIF data already has this, and you can see it with something that will display the data. To get it on the video you have to enable video subtitiles in the app. I didn't check to see if it is there with the Air 2, but it is with many of the DJI drones, so should be.
Thank you. Can you explain how I can see the EXIF data? Excuse the questions. I'm new to photography and drones.

Thank you. Can you explain how I can see the EXIF data? Excuse the questions. I'm new to photography and drones.

For photos, most photo software can display it. If using windows, you can right click on the photo, pick properties and click the details tab. For Iphones, there are a few free apps you can use, or you can jump through some hoops to save it to the file system and then use the "files" app.

For video, if recorded, you just need to turn captions on whatever video player you have going on.

And yes, @coneslayer has it exactly right, if you are going by most of the youtube videos, you are mostly seeing screen recordings.

Reactions: Maxfly27
So I can see this information on my screen obviously when I take a picture or video. How do I show this same information when looking at the pictures and videos. Someone asked me about the altitude for one of my pictures and I only had my memory to estimate it. I've seen youtube videos where I think this information was showing on the picture and video but haven't figured out where that setting is if it exists. TIA.
Some phones have a built in screen recorder, if not you can download an app like " DU recorder"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007