DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo/video issues

Davies85

Reactions
I recently bought a mavic mini and had a couple of flights now. For some reason none of the photos I have taken have stored and only some videos. Also, it is only records for around 15-20 seconds. I have tried switching phone caching off, recording in 1080p at 30fps and even re-formatted my 64gb card and made 40gb space on my phone, but I still cannot record for longer. Has anyone else had these issues?

Reactions: Aytek80
I recently bought a mavic mini and had a couple of flights now. For some reason none of the photos I have taken have stored and only some videos. Also, it is only records for around 15-20 seconds. I have tried switching phone caching off, recording in 1080p at 30fps and even re-formatted my 64gb card and made 40gb space on my phone, but I still cannot record for longer. Has anyone else had these issues?
My first thought is, that the SD-Card is to slow to save the footage. Check it with another, smaller SD-Card, normally, 32 GB is enough, since you do not store your videos there, you only have them there during the filght untill you save them on your computer. I calculate 1 minute video with 1 GB (generous), so my 32 GB card is able to save more then I can produce on one battery (Mavic Air).

Reactions: Davies85
When you say it hasn't saved them, do you mean visible on your phone, or actually on the SD card in the drone? Have you put the SD card into a PC or Mac to see what files are on it? The Fly app only shows a summary of videos, and photos aren't shown in the Album view.

I haven't put the ad card in my laptop yet, but will take a look. The 1st couple of clips were visible on my phone. I have ordered a couple more sd cards for it, so shall try those for my next flight and see if it affects the record time.

Check your caching settings in the Dji Fly app. I seem to recall you have to allocate space on the phone/tablet(?). I turned it off or down since I always offload the files sitting on the micro SD card using my mac's SD drive.

Apologies for the short msg, I gotta go to work.

I too had the same problem, bought a new 256GB SD card but the recording keeps on stopping on its own. only of 3 sec to 5 sec recording. Could the type of SD card be one of the reason and should I change the type of SD card

Could the type of SD card be one of the reason and should I change the type of SD card
It would be simple to check by trying some other cards.
What speed rating was the card you used?

DJI do state quite clearly on their website and in the manual that you need a U3 compliant card. As well as the C with a 10 in it, you should see a U with a number in it. A U1 card isn't really fast enough (though you might be lucky with some being just fast enough if the resolution and frame rate are set to the lower options).

Yes i just bought a mavic mini and have the exact same problem.. Videos are too bloody short.. And i have 128gb card in with 100 odd gb free space.. And when i started flying it just stops itself.. Literally some videos 2 secs even.. And some didn't even record at all.. Its brand new bought so not even second hand.

Yes i just bought a mavic mini and have the exact same problem.. Videos are too bloody short.. And i have 128gb card in with 100 odd gb free space.. And when i started flying it just stops itself.. Literally some videos 2 secs even.. And some didn't even record at all.. Its brand new bought so not even second hand.

There are several great points made in this THREAD about the card classifications (speed) which is more important than size... in this case...

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU