DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photography Questions

ShootingStills

Reactions
Hi guys,

Wondering if new owners can help.

Does the new Air 3 support panoramic images with the 70mm lens? I have the Mini 3 Pro and previously had the Mavic 2 Pro... I am after better photo quality and would like to use the Air 3's 70mm lens to do some wider stitched shots. If its a yes... does it allow it in 48mp mode and also saving raw files?

Secondly, if the above isn't possible I can do it manually, I'm ok with that... However I would want to use AEB (auto exposure bracketing) and would want the full 48mp raw images, not JPG and not 12mp.

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris

Secondly, if the above isn't possible I can do it manually, I'm ok with that... However I would want to use AEB (auto exposure bracketing) and would want the full 48mp raw images, not JPG and not 12mp.
If it's teh same as the Mavic 3 pro, the automated panorama feature only works with the wideangle main camera.
I find that shooting raw or combining AEB shots is overkill for panos and jpg gives good results.
Here's a 3 x 48 MP pano I captured this week for a client.
118-127a-X4.jpg

So I just downloaded the manual and it is the wide only. Such an oversight. DJI's photography implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

Nice image thanks for sharing. I don't actually intent on doing panoramic images as such, maybe a few. More using the 70mm lens to take a 4 shot stitch to give a wider FOV around 40mm or so, and then likely I will reduce back to around 50mp... Nobody needs 200mp stitch as you say.

Just the RAW part is important to me.

So I just downloaded the manual and it is the wide only. Such an oversight. DJI's photography implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

Nice image thanks for sharing. I don't actually intent on doing panoramic images as such, maybe a few. More using the 70mm lens to take a 4 shot stitch to give a wider FOV around 40mm or so, and then likely I will reduce back to around 50mp... Nobody needs 200mp stitch as you say.

Just the RAW part is important to me.
What IF you wanted to PRINT this Image??? Would that change your mind on the Quality and Mega Pixels?

Any additional thoughts or comments would be appreciated from my note below detailing what I want to do with making the Highest Quality Prints Possible with the Air 3. Do you think an Air 3 could handle this'

I'm going to be getting an Air 3 and want to take a shot at offering Arial Shots of Large Homes & Estates, Businesses, Police & Fire Depts. Schools, etc. to print and frame. Would love to hear your thoughts on how to get the best quality shots for this purpose with the Air 3. Sizes could range from 24"x 30", 30"X16" 32"x40" in this range "I'm thinking"

thank you!!!

Hi guys,

Wondering if new owners can help.

Does the new Air 3 support panoramic images with the 70mm lens? I have the Mini 3 Pro and previously had the Mavic 2 Pro... I am after better photo quality and would like to use the Air 3's 70mm lens to do some wider stitched shots. If its a yes... does it allow it in 48mp mode and also saving raw files?

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris
I think we are after similar things would be great if you could add your vote to a poll I'm running asking DJI to allow an automated 16x 70mm stitch to match whatever is in the 24mm viewfinder would create ability to capture a 65MP single 24mm equivalent image. DJI forum link here DJI The case for TRUE High Res on the Air 3 – Please Vote

Many thanks!

No panoramas with the 70mm I'm afraid but can do the automatic AEB as 48MP RAWs, so that helps a lot.
This has changed in the latest FW. 70mm 118 image 360 panos are now able to be shot automatically in 3.5 minutes on the Mavic 3 Pro. You are on your own for the stitching.

Reactions: miemo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N