DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photography using DJI mavic air 2

I wanted to know whether blending enhances image quality.
It's an effect that can look very good when it's not overdone.
But many of the people that use it go much too far and their pix look overcooked.
I am trying to understand a little bit more about the blending process and whether it is something I should be worried about or not yet
It's called HDR and if you search for HDR you'll find lots of information and examples.
The best HDR images are the ones that you don't realise are HDR.

His 48MP comparison proves that the true 12MP image is perfect if not superior than the 48MP gimmick in most cases. Anything digitally manipulated is just that, manipulated. The only thing beneficial to take from 48MP is the increased dimension if you need the extra size.
Yes this guy really demonstrates clearly each setting and it’s benefits and disadvantages. To me this is the essential viewing video for photography with the MA2. It’s my go to video for any photo questions in relation to this drone now.

I would still lean towards 48mp when the light is plentiful. More pixel real estate to crop in those situations can often be helpful.
And honestly in adequate lighting the 48mb setting is **** good.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Yes
When he said: You only use bracketing if you know how to blend them all together, he was wrong.
You also bracket your exposure if you are dealing with tricky lighting and want to ensure you'll get your exposure right.
When I made that statement, it was meant for people who were wondering why bracketing was a feature. Sure you can use bracketing to take different exposures and then just pick one you like but in the photography world, bracketing is commonly used to blend the series of images to get the most dynamic range and then either accept the results of the new image or tweak it in a photo editing program.

When I made that statement, it was meant for people who were wondering why bracketing was a feature.
Bracketing was a feature long before the invention of software to blend images to create a HDR image.
Creating HDR images is just something you can do with a set of bracketed images.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Bracketing was a feature long before the invention of software to blend images to create a HDR image.
Creating HDR images is just something you can do with a set of bracketed images.
Alright you win. I'm not here to split atoms and I'm sure you know when those were discovered too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143