DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos AND video with Mavic 2 Zoom

DamienC

Reactions
Anybody out there shoot video and stills simultaneously with Mavic 2 Zoom? I've got a gig shooting a ribbon-cutting ceremony. The client wants video and stills. I'm thinking if I shoot MOV, screen grabs for stills should suffice. Am I correct?

Checking my manual....again...

Anybody out there shoot video and stills simultaneously with Mavic 2 Zoom? I've got a gig shooting a ribbon-cutting ceremony. The client wants video and stills. I'm thinking if I shoot MOV, screen grabs for stills should suffice. Am I correct?

Checking my manual....again...
Yep. Or it is easy to switch between the 2. Stop recording push the camera button then reposition and start recording again.

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
Sounds like you need a partner, to achieve the still shots at the correct angle you would need to be at ground level. The overhead video would be more of a fill shot of the overall ceremony, even with a zoom you have to worry about flying over people. I was asked to do a non-profit event a few months back that had 2 different locations. I explained up front the limitation of using a drone (Flying over people), but with other shots from the ground someone could edit it all together.

Last edited:
Still taken from a video won’t be great quality. Especially if you are moving at all. I grab stills for thumbnails or smaller low res stuff but they look blurry full screen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05