DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Photos of my Mav3 "Night Rider" Rig, on the ground and in action. Bright Lights.

Don Testme

Reactions
I took some photos of the Mavic 3 Rig I use to fly at night. Photos of the setup and photos of it in action. All pics were taken by an Iphone 12 Max.

It has 3 Firehouse Lights (2 topside, 1 in back) and 2 tactical spot/flood lights on the sides (facing front) and an extra beacon on the back in case of a crash.

IMG_1310.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Wow! That's bright!

For some reason I like flying at night more than the day. Dusk and dawn are nice too, but night is when I find people doing weird things and there is more police activity to check out. Usually routine junk.

Just tonight I flew over a group of people having a big party on the beach. No pics taken. Took a look for a second, zoomed in, then left. Didn't hover over them either. Had 3 x FAA strobes and 2x 4000 lumen lights in the front. I think I freaked them out a bit flying at 32 feet. Probably thought it was a cop drone. It had lots of red green and white blinking lights flashing. No blue. Don't want to be accused of impersonating police.

For some reason I like flying at night more than the day. Dusk and dawn are nice too, but night is when I find people doing weird things and there is more police activity to check out. Usually routine junk.

Just tonight I flew over a group of people having a big party on the beach. No pics taken. Took a look for a second, zoomed in, then left. Didn't hover over them either. Had 3 x FAA strobes and 2x 4000 lumen lights in the front. I think I freaked them out a bit flying at 32 feet. Probably thought it was a cop drone. It had lots of red green and white blinking lights flashing. No blue. Don't want to be accused of impersonating police.
“Find people doing weird things” WTH ? 😳🤔

“Find people doing weird things” WTH ? 😳🤔
Smoking MJ, Fighting in streets (especially if flown near a bar at closing), some drug dealing (rare) , Getting pulled over for DUI/DWI common, well not all weird, but different from what happens during the day. I also can see police fire and ambulance lights that I check out, but from a very long distance so as not to interfere. Caught a couple on the beach naked once. That was a good one . Didn't take any pics though. Also, not just people, bears are fun to watch, especially when tearing someone's trash can appart.

Most of all, it just more fun for me. Don't know why.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1