DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pick my vacation destination outside USA

DougAles

Reactions
♦️Seeking your suggestion for drone friendly travels outside the USA♦️

Were looking to book our winter travel adventure. We are thinking somewhere in the Caribbean but open to your suggestion.

1) Must be drone friendly. On our last trip to the Dominican Republic, I had a government permit and written resort permission to use my drone before I left home. I'd love to try Belize or Cuba, but both are not drone friendly at this time.

2) Needs to be tropical / warm when North America is cold.

3) Large resort or cruise that allows drones for off-ship operation.

4) My goal is to make a vlog / vacation film that includes drone footage.

5) We are a coupe in our 50's from Wisconsin, USA.

Thoughts/suggestions?

For background, here is a video from the trip we went on earlier this year. I intend to make another travel video during this adventure.

Just got back from Bali. Incredible place, incredible people, incredible sights, incredible footage.

Just got back from Bali. Incredible place, incredible people, incredible sights, incredible footage.

Bali, Indonesia? Beautiful, I'm sure.

That would be a bit long on the time gone to travel for a weeks vacation. Most likely I'd loose two to three days on each end just traveling. So my seven days would shrink to one to three.

I should have included total trip time in my original post. Sorry. Thank you for your suggestion.

♦️Seeking your suggestion for drone friendly travels outside the USA♦️

Were looking to book our winter travel adventure. We are thinking somewhere in the Caribbean but open to your suggestion.

1) Must be drone friendly. On our last trip to the Dominican Republic, I had a government permit and written resort permission to use my drone before I left home. I'd love to try Belize or Cuba, but both are not drone friendly at this time.

2) Needs to be tropical / warm when North America is cold.

3) Large resort or cruise that allows drones for off-ship operation.

4) My goal is to make a vlog / vacation film that includes drone footage.

5) We are a coupe in our 50's from Wisconsin, USA.

Thoughts/suggestions?

For background, here is a video from the trip we went on earlier this year. I intend to make another travel video during this adventure.

I much prefer an area of historical architecture for flying and there are many countries with that . And, they don't have problems with drones, especially in small towns and away from the cities. I do agree that a cruise after the Hurricane may be a little disappointing except the western Caribbean.

However, based on your criteria, I would say Costa Rica has what you are looking for and is very drone friendly with lots to see both for beaches and areal views with volcanoes and wildlife.

Reactions: DougAles
Bali, Indonesia? Beautiful, I'm sure.

That would be a bit long on the time gone to travel for a weeks vacation. Most likely I'd loose two to three days on each end just traveling. So my seven days would shrink to one to three.

I should have included total trip time in my original post. Sorry. Thank you for your suggestion.

Yep, a bit more than a day to get there and another to get back. I can't imagine having to be restricted anywhere to just a week. Costa Rica might be my next trip but boy I do like visiting that other hemisphere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer