DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picked Up a Mini Over the weekend. My Thoughts.. Ugh ..

I’m glad I haven’t bought a mini yet I have a spark and it takes fabulous photos does the mini have better range than the spark do you think?

I have the spark as well, the Spark takes very very good pics for the size. But I dont trust it. Video feed starts breaking up at 50 yards, the Mavic Mini doesnt loose any video feed. Both are using wi fi but the Mini has much better range!

UPDATE: Swapped out the Mini yesterday! Set up the new one this am, didnt do the latest update and here are some test photos! I must of had a bad one! These were taken with AUTO mode and they look damm good! WOW ... Any thoughts guys?

Attachments

• DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 148
  • DJI_0012 (2).JPG
    DJI_0012 (2).JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 145
UPDATE: Swapped out the Mini yesterday! Set up the new one this am, didnt do the latest update and here are some test photos! I must of had a bad one! These were taken with AUTO mode and they look damm good! WOW ... Any thoughts guys?
The new pictures are great ?Congratulations! Glad it's working well this time! If you haven't already, I would suggest getting care refresh. Looking forward to some of your good pictures. ?

The new pictures are great ?Congratulations! Glad it's working well this time! If you haven't already, I would suggest getting care refresh. Looking forward to some of your good pictures. ?

Thank you ! Is that DJI refresh worth it ?

Reactions: Capt KO
This photo was taken with my Autel Evo and just won a monthly facebook group cover photo... This was unedited! Thanks for all your comments guys! Great forum!

Attachments

• 86182310_10219420188228730_2257621190883409920_o.jpg
    86182310_10219420188228730_2257621190883409920_o.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Hauptmann and Ben B
Thank you ! Is that DJI refresh worth it ?
I certainly believe it is for the mini. It's so new in production and much more prone to damage than the larger drones. And it's cheap. But you must recover the Drone in most cases. Also, it does cover pilot error. Good luck

I have traveled to BEST BUY several time with the intent to buy the MINI, I would walk upto the Mini's Display case and stare at the Mini and scratch my head and contemplate...I'm here to purchase it, well....am I going to ask for a sales person, no don't. Because I'm going to look around the store a little and maybe buy one..... I then walk out of the store. In a nutshell, I will relish the thought and think later on...so the question is " Will I ever buy one" I may buy the MAVIC MINI 2 when it comes out??
I mean this humorously… It sounds like the guy with a flip phone that keeps waiting for the ultimate and perfect iPhone to come out.??? In the meantime, you possibly could have many hours of enjoyment with a MM. See the thread How many MM owners have been trouble free? Best wishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: harleymhs
I have the spark as well, the Spark takes very very good pics for the size. But I dont trust it. Video feed starts breaking up at 50 yards, the Mavic Mini doesnt loose any video feed. Both are using wi fi but the Mini has much better range!
Try using an OTG cable, video feed was crap on mine just using wifi. After hooking up the OTG the video feed is great.

Try using an OTG cable, video feed was crap on mine just using wifi. After hooking up the OTG the video feed is great.
How is your range on your Spark? I have the Cable.. But got lazy! LOL .... didnt see much difference ,, With the video feed.

Did you use the bottom port? Try using different cables to see if it makes a difference. Before with just wifi connection it would lag and have green patches on the screen. Now it's really smooth with almost no stuttering.

Did you use the bottom port? Try using different cables to see if it makes a difference. Before with just wifi connection it would lag and have green patches on the screen. Now it's really smooth with almost no stuttering.

Yes used the bottom port.. Just a pain to do the start up sequence with the cable... Ill give it another shot over the weekend.. How is the range on spark ?

These were taken with AUTO mode and they look damm good! WOW ... Any thoughts guys?

I was thinking all day, “Man, I sure hope the pics from his new Mini turn out okay.” I guess the collective wish was answered. Very nice pics!

I was thinking all day, “Man, I sure hope the pics from his new Mini turn out okay.” I guess the collective wish was answered. Very nice pics!

Thank you ! Seems like ALL is ok! I have 2 weeks to return .. Ill take some more pics over the weekend weather permitting and compare them with my spark.. I wish the spark had the range the mini has...

I thought the same thing, to exchange it today. Im seeing a lot of nice photos from the Mini On line... And here on this thread. I decided to try another one today! Ill report back here once I try the NEW ONE. It was odd the photos on the ground and in my home look fine! Once in the air they were CLOUDY! Thats why I figured it was the nature of the beast . Are you guys shooing in AUTO or Manual ??? Thanks for ALL your replies!!!!!

Remember when you go to France the transmission power is greatly reduced (if you are now in the US and purchased an FCC model) to the CE model transmission strength. If you need more distance you'll need to use the Fake GPS hack.

i
Remember when you go to France the transmission power is greatly reduced (if you are now in the US and purchased an FCC model) to the CE model transmission strength. If you need more distance you'll need to use the Fake GPS hack.
i hate when people suggest a solution,product, or website etc,etc,etc and dont supply a link to or explanation. it just leaves you lost.

Might be your mini, my pics seem fine... and this was a cloudy day too.

Attachments

• B0B49A93-1D32-442C-B98A-51A5FACF052F.jpeg
    B0B49A93-1D32-442C-B98A-51A5FACF052F.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 35
  • B8057C40-EAF2-4D15-B7A6-E49DEE62303B.jpeg
    B8057C40-EAF2-4D15-B7A6-E49DEE62303B.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 36
  • 90D0215C-627E-4149-8D62-16B0C41780FE.jpeg
    90D0215C-627E-4149-8D62-16B0C41780FE.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 32
We have a home in France , Took many drones there, Mavic Pro, Evo, Spark and never had any issues with range, as a matter of fact im in the country and can go farther than in the US with any drone.

Might be your mini, my pics seem fine... and this was a cloudy day too.
thanks for posing a few photos.. Seems like the 1st Mini had a defective camera! Mine seems good now for the time. Ill fly it Thrus and Sunday and post some more photos here good or bad!

Attachments

• DJI_0027.JPG
    DJI_0027.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: Thomas B
It all depends on the lighting whether to use manual or Auto. Last night at sunset I had to use both. Then I can pick and choose which one to edit. Both stills and video . Good luck on your next Mini.

From the purely environmental side I think if you're going to shoot this time of year (northern hemisphere) that if you're bringing your done out into the cold you allow it to acclimate a bit before turning it on. The difference in temperature can fog the lens of the camera; something I knew but didn't pay attention too until I noticed it on a particularly cold day. Just my .02!

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga