DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picking up fastfood with mavic pro

Is this fake or not fake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The personal attacks of this 18 year old are very telling.
Yes they are! And why?
His videos going viral is what hurts us and brings on more restrictions.
There are already many forum groups spreading it around!
It's only a matter of time when the FAA comes knocking at his door!
If I where him, I would delete the vids from his channel before his parents pay the price.

Awww. Come back @erkme73 ! This thread is much more entertaining with your viewpoint!

Love the drone reference with compass and calibration!

Lets see this one through just for the ***** and giggles.

Oh, all right. But only because you invoked my name... I'm a sucker for that. What's the over/under on whether "proof" will fail to satisfy tomorrow?

Reactions: Drone Master
Yes they are! And why?
His videos going viral is what hurts us and brings on more restrictions.
There are already many forum groups spreading it around!
It's only a matter of time when the FAA comes knocking at his door!
If I where him, I would delete the vids from his channel before his parents pay the price.
Yep wouldn't surprise me if these videos end up getting him a huge fine now. FAA likes to make examples and this guy is getting more attention than he would like.

Yep wouldn't surprise me if these videos end up getting him a huge fine now. FAA likes to make examples and this guy is getting more attention than he would like.
Absolutely and more. It saddens me to see our technology get out of control by youngsters like this!:(

Absolutely and more. It saddens me to see our technology get out of control by youngsters like this!:(

While his video doesn't help our cause, don't fool yourself by thinking we can prevent the noose from tightening if we're all compliant. Just this month Orlando passed more anti-drone legislation - despite hobbyists' protests, and there not being a single (publicly documented) drone incident happening there. The anti-drone sentiment is such that it will steamroll the hobby regardless of our behavior.

Me and my friends used the mavic pro to pick us up some food check it out!

Winston McBride, you have used your real name on your Youtube Channel to feed your ego. You have pages of your own testimony on this forum confirming that you flew your drone over cars, people, buildings and out of line of site. From the video it is easy to see you live in Sping Hill, Tennessee. The video shows very clearly where you live. A quick Google search or Google Street view will easily reveal your address. Pictures of your home are in the video. Don't be shocked if the FAA comes knocking on your door and wreaks havoc on you and your family, making an example of you. Don't bother deleting the video as the internet has a way of archiving all things stupid.

Last edited:
While his video doesn't help our cause, don't fool yourself by thinking we can prevent the noose from tightening if we're all compliant. Just this month Orlando passed more anti-drone legislation - despite hobbyists' protests, and there not being a single (publicly documented) drone incident happening there. The anti-drone sentiment is such that it will steamroll the hobby regardless of our behavior.
Your a Florida guy right! Yeop, I seen it all as well. Not to be off topic, but it is getting thick with regs here in MIA. Orlando was expected to pass that law almost a year ago! Just now passed.
It's only a sign of the times. Scary Stuff!...

Sadly more and more idiots can buy and fly drones and do stupid stuff. :/

Actually, that legislation isn't terrible. First, it only restricts takeoffs and landings on city property near sports venues and other places, and has some exceptions:

1. If you are flying on behalf of a governmental agency
2. If you are flying in a park that has designated areas for flight
3. If you hold a 107. (Well, that appears to be the intent. I think the wording could be interpreted to allow legal hobbyist flight as well by a creative lawyer. Here's the wording: "Proof of authorization by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to operate unmanned aircraft in city air space in accordance with federal law constitutes an affirmative defense to any action brought under the provisions of paragraph 2, above."

They also kept it "boots-on-the-ground", and didn't overreach by trying to prohibit overflight.

But yes, we do have to be mindful that cities, counties, and states are all varying levels of paranoid about drones - either being weaponized by terrorists, used to invade people's privacy, or being flown recklessly and hurting people. What lawmakers do not understand and are afraid of - especially that which generates citizen outrage - they legislate away.

My issue with the OPs video is that in demonstrating recklessness and disregard for the rules, this stereotyping of drone operators as reckless and drones as undesirable will continue. That said, this is by far NOT the worst thing I've ever seen - but I still caution the OP that such videos don't help you or the rest of us. I would encourage him to find ways to impress everyone with how drones are good, not things to be legislated. Let's say the FAA does indeed fine him and it makes the paper - how do you think it will be spun? "Local teen fined by FAA for minor rules violations" or "ZOMG DE DRONEZ ARE DROPPING BURGER BOMBZ CALL TRUMPPPP NOWWWWWWW"? The media is horribly reactionary to stories like this, especially since they get a steady diet of privacy issues and reckless conduct.

OP said the battery died at Hardees that is why there was no video. But when the Mavic was taking off at 1:22, the battery lights showed an 85% charge. So there is another lie.Walnuts don't lie as good as this kid. And what did he order from Hardees? A newspaper?

Last edited:
Lose - I will lose my patience

Loose - that bloke has a screw loose

It's not difficult
Everyone loves a grammar nazi... /s

And, incidentally, sentences are terminated with periods. It really isn't that difficult.

Guys this thread is going to ease up for awhile .
intermisson 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead