DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pics and vids are blurry

Steve M

Reactions
Hi guys,

Yesterday when I took the zoom up I took a quick video around the house and a couple of pics, and I found today when downloading them that they are not clear.

I started with the video which was fine for about 15 seconds then while watching it the lot just appears out of focus. And all of the subsequent pics were at the same state of lessened clarity.

I would usually just take it up again today and fiddle around with it but it is way too windy.
Any ideas what I could have touched or done wrong. I don't fly much and I forget what half of the knobs do.

Also although I can't see that it would be this but I was getting continued Mag Interference warnings and disconnections and incompatible software messages at the same time, which I ignored and just played around 30' above the house.
I have addressed all of those issues today but they should not make my pictures blurry should they?

Thanks Steve

Possibly so. Try the same videos and pictures now that you’ve addressed those issues and see if you get different results. I had a similar problem last week and wasn’t able to figure out my problem so I’m wondering if it was a software issue.

Hi Steve, it might be worth posting some examples of your blurred photos/videos here for people to understand and give accurate answers.?

Is all your firmware up to date on everything, ie drone/controller/batteries

Your mag interference could be caused by metal objects around where you fly, you did say you were flying by your house. I would definitely look into that.

Reactions: Steve M
Ive had this issue a couple of timnes,i have checked everything i also use high end leads not cheap rubbish , if i touch the screen ie focus that normally clears it,as i can see its blurry prior to take off.I never use manual settings always AF...Hope you sort it...

Reactions: Steve M
Gaz, what do you mean " if i touch the screen ie focus that normally clears it, "

Porky, when you see the picture you just think 'mm that's a bit unfocused' rather than the usual 'yeah that is sharp, I love my mz'. And it started half way through a video, it was sharp then a bit blurry.

There are tons of wires, rebar and metal around my house where I always fly, always getting Mag interference, I just fly up through the wires no problem, but the pics have previously always been great.

And everything is now up to date, I just can't get outside for a while because of the wind now.

Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Gaz, what do you mean " if i touch the screen ie focus that normally clears it, "

Yes buddy it clears instantly so you should be okay when your flying around taking pictures as it should go blurry again on your screen ? Have you re calibrated the Gimbal/camera ?

I found my problem, looking at it inside here I noticed what I had not noticed before on the screen are two swipe up and down dials. Previously I had only noticed one being for zoom. Now I notice another one beside it for focus from close up to infinity. I think that it is only on there when another setting is enabled.
The setting was accidentally swiped to close up.
I still haven't found which setting brings it up.... but I will. ;-)
Cheers Steve

Reactions: Thomas B
The "incompatible firmware" generally means that you have upgraded the firmware on the DRONE but not the battery or batteries. If you have more than one battery, each had to be upgraded. Power down the drone, put in a new battery and power it up. If you get the "incompatible" prompt, upgrade, it takes very little time for the battery. If you have more batteries, repeat that step. I generally check the batteries after a drone update, one at a time.

It was what Roy said, I had accidentally changed it to 'manual' focus.
I had touched the wrong part of the Tablet screen.
It is back to Auto focus now and all clear again, I love my mz again. : - )

Reactions: Gazmg and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000