DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pics of my new toy I have nicknamed the Aircraft Carrier

I have been seriously contemplating this as I would obviously have to tag along as your copilot. Then I think of all of the little places all of the tiny little venomous spiders and evil spirits that are all about in Oz waiting to kill me when I visit could hide and I have to second guess myself.

Mike
Its funny, most times you might see the odd white tail spider (produces a necrotising injury site that on extreme occasions can cause you to lose a piece of yourself) or true venomous spider such as the redback or funnelweb, but 99% of the time, unless out in the bush, its just like anywhere else. On a recent camping trip I came across an Eastern brown snake (2nd most venomous snake in the world, the Australian inland Taipan being the most venomous) wandering through the camp site on its way "home". Most people started to move well away to show it some respect, except for one guy who, beer can in hand, walked towards it in his thongs (aussie speak for flip flops). Just shows how beer can make a man more intelligent. One bite and he would have been in waaaaayyy more trouble than any amount of Victoria Bitter could have dealt with. Its responsible for more bite deaths than any other snake in Australia as they hide in houses if given the chance.🤣

Shot with my mini from a respectful and safe height and distance, except for the guy in the flip flops. Zoomed in in post.

Last edited:
First casualty. Chimera decided to tilt dramatically when launching so rather than risk a big loss I set her down and only lost one prop to the ground.

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about Chimera, obviously she is not sure whose the boss is yet and you need to step up show her you're the Alpha.

I saw the mishap on Local News and it was horrible…

First Mishap.jpg

In another posting, "Windblown pad" a flyer did not fasten down the landing pad and as he was landing, a gust of wind picked up the pad and slammed into his drone and it got taken out also with a broken prop.

As for me, my new, replacement Mini 2 (yet un-named) flew beautifully today after binding him/her to the App/Controller. The one issue I am now having is that I cannot yet do a Quick Transfer as the Tablet wants to know the Drones WiFi password. It does not have one, but I've seen some chatter that the App gets some info from the Drone that the Tablet interprets as a password and I have seen one YouTube video on resetting the situation. But after many, many attempts, the tablet is still requesting the password for the WiFi access.

I'm going to start "Deep Searching" the web sites for solutions, I know it's me and my tablet with the App and I hope I do not have to reset the tablet or reload the App, but it might come to that…

Good Luck with taming her and hope that if she puffs a breath of fire and magic smoke; she'll fly on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph