DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pictures great but video is terrible!

Joco

Reactions
Just bought a Mavic 3 and a rc pro controller and took it out for the first time today and after a few videos and pics I took the sd card out and transferred them to my iPad like I always did with my mavic pro 2 and the pictures are great but video is terrible it’s say something about low resolution preview, what I’m I missing?

Just bought a Mavic 3 and a rc pro controller and took it out for the first time today and after a few videos and pics I took the sd card out and transferred them to my iPad like I always did with my mavic pro 2 and the pictures are great but video is terrible it’s say something about low resolution preview, what I’m I missing?
The original files are on the drome. Maybe read the manual before you fly again.

I always get three files when I make videos. One of the three is a low resolution file.

I always get three files when I make videos. One of the three is a low resolution file.
I didn’t have a sd card in my controller and that may be the problem but when I hit the view button on controller I only have one copy of my videos and they are low resolution even when I put it in my card reader and transfer to my iPad it is still low resolution. Gonna try again tomorrow

I didn’t have a sd card in my controller and that may be the problem but when I hit the view button on controller I only have one copy of my videos and they are low resolution even when I put it in my card reader and transfer to my iPad it is still low resolution. Gonna try again tomorrow
I don't fly with an SD card in my RC pro. The three files are generated and stored on my Mavic 3. The RC pro videos are low resolution unless you download the full res file to the controller from the drone.

I don't fly with an SD card in my RC pro. The three files are generated and stored on my Mavic 3. The RC pro videos are low resolution unless you download the full res file to the controller from the drone.
Thanks for the help!

You should post the video as its sounds to me like you were doing it right by getting the video off of the SD card from the drone so there might be an issue with your computer or codec . Posting the video will help us figure it out for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .

Last edited:
Read the manual several times and it never mentioned anything about a ”drome”! I took the sd card out of my drone and the video was terrible!
How/on what device did you watch the video from the sd card? What were your video settings when shooting the video? Watching some tutorials on YT on how to best set the Mavic 3 camera for video might also help

the pictures are great but video is terrible
This shouldn't be a problem.
The full size files are in there somewhere and will be on the SD card, unless you've saved them to the internal storage.
If what you are looking at is really low resolution, is your iPad shrinking the videos somehow?
it’s say something about low resolution preview, what I’m I missing?
The meaning of this is unclear.
What says what about low resolution?

Are you looking in the right place?

Your Mavic 3 can save still and video files in two locations:SD card or Internal Storage
It normally saves full resolution files without you having to configure it specially.
If you've been saving to the SD card, you will have two folders: Misc & DCIM.
The files will be inside DCIM, in another folder labelled 100MEDIA like this ....

i-bSt8RhS-L.jpg

You should post the video as its sounds to me like you were doing it right by getting the video off of the SD card from the drone so there might be an issue with your computer or codec . Posting the video will help us figure it out for you.

Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
Since you use an iPad I wonder if you recorded your videos on .MOV instead of .MP4 if that would help out any?
I will try that

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So i changed and tried several different things today and still had no luck still have the real grainy low resolution preview on my videos and that’s all that I can get downloaded to my SD card and the only thing that I can get to download onto my pictures from my sd card on to my iPad. Late this afternoon I flew again and took it off d-log and put it on normal that seemed to make a big difference in the quality of the video. Still can’t find but one copy of each video on my sd card that I have in the drone.

So i changed and tried several different things today and still had no luck still have the real grainy low resolution preview on my videos and that’s all that I can get downloaded to my SD card and the only thing that I can get to download onto my pictures from my sd card on to my iPad. Late this afternoon I flew again and took it off d-log and put it on normal that seemed to make a big difference in the quality of the video. Still can’t find but one copy of each video on my sd card that I have in the drone.
Can you give the filename of one of these low-res videos (and stills if that's also a problem)?

So i changed and tried several different things today and still had no luck still have the real grainy low resolution preview on my videos and that’s all that I can get downloaded to my SD card
Something doesn't add up with this.
To solve this mystery could you shoot a 2 or 3 second test video and upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link so others can see what you are seeing?
No need to fly or start the motors ... you can just do it with the drone powered up on your desk.

I had it in d-log I think that’s my problem gonna make sure tomorrow!

I had it in d-log I think that’s my problem gonna make sure tomorrow!
Using D-log will give videos with colour that appears dull, but it makes no difference to the video resolution.
Is that what you had?
Or Is the issue that the video is a low-res preview?

Using D-log will give videos with colour that appears dull, but it makes no difference to the video resolution.
Is that what you had?
Or Is the issue that the video is a low-res preview?
The issue for me was more of the low resolution preview

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78