DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot 2 software for Mac or PC

johnlvenable

Reactions
Does anyone know if you can edit flight plans from a Mac or PC? I’ve found that building flight plans from the controller is a bit tough and it would be so much easier to do with a regular PC, Mac and Mouse. Thanks for any input.

I'm not sure about doing so with the Pilot 2 software, but I do know you can using Litchi.

Reactions: sarahb
Thank you very much. I will give that a shot. Surprised that DJI doesn’t offer this natively within the pilot 2 software.

Thank you very much. I will give that a shot. Surprised that DJI doesn’t offer this natively within the pilot 2 software.
I agree.

I love using Litchi for mission planning. I only use it with my P4 v2. I don't trust using it with the newer drones that use the DJI Fly App, as it uses virtual sticks and connectivity must be constant.

BTW
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Correction - if the DRONE supports on-board waypoints, Litchi does. If not, then Virtual Sticks.
From the Litchi site - It's important to know that not all DJI drones support waypoint navigation. Additionally, there are two primary implementations of waypoint navigation: "on-board" (firmware-supported) or "virtual-stick commands" (VSC). On-board waypoints are loaded to the drone prior to flying the mission and are executed autonomously by the drone without the need for a constant connection between the controller and the drone. Virtual-stick waypoints commands are sent from the controller to the drone in real-time necessitating a constant connection between the controller and the drone. On-board waypoint missions tend to result in much smoother execution than virtual-stick waypoint missions.

Correction - if the DRONE supports on-board waypoints, Litchi does. If not, then Virtual Sticks.
From the Litchi site - It's important to know that not all DJI drones support waypoint navigation. Additionally, there are two primary implementations of waypoint navigation: "on-board" (firmware-supported) or "virtual-stick commands" (VSC). On-board waypoints are loaded to the drone prior to flying the mission and are executed autonomously by the drone without the need for a constant connection between the controller and the drone. Virtual-stick waypoints commands are sent from the controller to the drone in real-time necessitating a constant connection between the controller and the drone. On-board waypoint missions tend to result in much smoother execution than virtual-stick waypoint missions.
That is exactly what I said and no correction is needed. Drones that use the DJI Fly App will use Virtual Sticks. The drones that use the DJI Go app will use what you're calling "on board"

That is exactly what I said and no correction is needed. Drones that use the DJI Fly App will use Virtual Sticks. The drones that use the DJI Go app will use what you're calling "on board"
Nope, several Fly app drones use on-board waypoints. Here is the list

Current Status of DJI Drone Waypoint Support​

Drone Release DateDrone ModelWaypoint SupportSDKLitchi Support
Apr, 2015Phantom 3 (all)On-boardMSDKv4Yes
May, 2016Phantom 4 (all)On-boardMSDKv4Yes
Sep, 2016Mavic ProOn-boardMSDKv4Yes
Nov, 2016Inspire 1/2On-boardMSDKv4Yes
May, 2017SparkOn-boardMSDKv4Yes
Aug, 2017Mavic Pro PlatinumOn-boardMSDKv4Yes
Jan, 2018AirOn-boardMSDKv4Yes
Aug, 2018Mavic 2 Pro/ZoomOn-boardMSDKv4Yes
Oct, 2019MiniVSCMSDKv4Yes
Apr, 2020Air 2VSCMSDKv4Yes
Nov, 2020Mini 2VSCMSDKv4Yes
Apr, 2021Air 2sVSCMSDKv4Yes
Jun, 2021Mini SEVSCMSDKv4Yes
Nov, 2021Mavic 3On-boardNoNo
May, 2022Mini 3 ProVSCMSDKv5 (Android only)Beta
Sep, 2022Mavic 3 E/T/MOn-boardMSDKv5 (Android only)Beta
Nov, 2022Mavic 3 ClassicOn-boardNoNo
Jan, 2023Mini 3VSCMSDKv5 (Android only)Beta
Mar, 2023Mini 2 SENoNoNo
Apr, 2023Mavic 3 ProOn-boardNoNo
Jul, 2023Air 3On-boardNoNo
Sep, 2023Mini 4 ProOn-boardQ2 2024?No

Key to information displayed in the table above​

• On-board: Waypoint mission is supported by firmware. Entire mission is loaded to drone prior to execution.
  • VSC: Litchi waypoints supported by "Virtual Stick Commands". Litchi missions require constant connection between drone and controller. No DJI waypoint support.
  • MSDK: Mobile Software Development Kit. A library of functions created by DJI to enable 3rd party control over selected drone functions.
  • MSDKv4: Version 4 of the MSDK. Last release: 4.16.4 2022-11-11 (Android). Supports both IOS and Android.
  • MSDKv5: Version 5 of the MSDK. Last release: 5.3.0 2023-04-07 (Android). Supports Android only.

Reactions: PHZ and sarahb
I stand corrected.

Does anyone know if you can edit flight plans from a Mac or PC? I’ve found that building flight plans from the controller is a bit tough and it would be so much easier to do with a regular PC, Mac and Mouse. Thanks for any input.
Have you tried Flighthub 2?

I am not aware of where to get Flighthub 2 for iPad, Mac or PC. Can you direct me to where is download is available?
I didn’t realize this was
I am not aware of where to get Flighthub 2 for iPad, Mac or PC. Can you direct me to where is download is available?
I don’t realize this was a cloud based solution. Thanks for pointing this out, I will give it a try.

Reactions: honkihonk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss