DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Cody Flint

lookout

Reactions
So sad

3309835372_afa75fbf70_z.jpg

Blacked out while flying agriculture spraying plane and somehow made it back to his runway in one piece after getting the vaccine.

Yes - unfortunate if that turns out to be the case, but the medical prognosis seems pretty vague at this point.
Even though he decided he was doing himself a favor he found out differently. Even the FAA was promoting a specific vaccine, I think it was Moderna. He doesn't specify which one he took, did he?

Even though he decided he was doing himself a favor he found out differently. Even the FAA was promoting a specific vaccine, I think it was Moderna. He doesn't specify which one he took, did he?
It was stated in several reports to have been Pfizer. If that was the cause of his condition then obviously he was just really unlucky.

It was stated in several reports to have been Pfizer. If that was the cause of his condition then obviously he was just really unlucky.

Only thing I can find from FAA on vaccines. Moderna being allowed on a EUA from the FDA as opposed to full approval. And Pfizer was apparently the same a week before according to this published entry back in December 2020, so he is talking about getting it in February 2021. And after some medical treatment has stood to testify about his experiences. There was also something that FAA stated that flight had to wait a couple days after getting the injections to fly again.

Oh wait the email reads a little different than this article.

Following the Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine, the FAA has determined that pilots and FAA Air Traffic Controllers may receive the vaccine.

To maintain the highest level of safety in the National Airspace System, the agency will require pilots with medical certifications or air traffic controllers with medical clearances to observe a period of 48 hours following the administration of each dose of this vaccine before conducting safety-sensitive aviation duties, such as flying or controlling air traffic. This is consistent with the previously announced policy for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.

The FAA has no idea whether this is safe or not from their own evaluation, just that there is some kind of approval for it.

Does the FAA mandate every pilot be vaccinated before they can fly?
A day after I took my first Moderna vaccine shot, (unknown to me) my heart rate shot up to 135+ and my BP dropped to very low rates. I did feel kinda tired after the first shot but nothing alarming. About a week later I suddenly passed out while sitting at the table and woke up on the ground confused to what just happened. Glad it didn't happen while preforming my line of work, or while driving a vehicle. After a bazillion tests and taking amiodarone, I was back to normal within a couple months. But nobody could say the vaccine was the cause and a few weeks after passing out I took the second Moderna shot. The only other time I've passed out was due to altitude sickness about 30 years ago driving at 10,000 feet. But I regularly drive to and above 10,000' yet I've only have had altitude sickness the one time in my life. There are a lot of medications that cause issues with people but in most cases it's rare just like my altitude sickness. I'd guess the FAA might be more concerned with a pilots known medical issues rather than possible side effects of medications that don't generally affect the majority of the population. I wonder how many airline pilots who have taken any of the covid vaccines have passed out?

Does the FAA mandate every pilot be vaccinated before they can fly?
A day after I took my first Moderna vaccine shot, (unknown to me) my heart rate shot up to 135+ and my BP dropped to very low rates. I did feel kinda tired after the first shot but nothing alarming. About a week later I suddenly passed out while sitting at the table and woke up on the ground confused to what just happened. Glad it didn't happen while preforming my line of work, or while driving a vehicle. After a bazillion tests and taking amiodarone, I was back to normal within a couple months. But nobody could say the vaccine was the cause and a few weeks after passing out I took the second Moderna shot. The only other time I've passed out was due to altitude sickness about 30 years ago driving at 10,000 feet. But I regularly drive to and above 10,000' yet I've only have had altitude sickness the one time in my life. There are a lot of medications that cause issues with people but in most cases it's rare just like my altitude sickness. I'd guess the FAA might be more concerned with a pilots known medical issues rather than possible side effects of medications that don't generally affect the majority of the population. I wonder how many airline pilots who have taken any of the covid vaccines have passed out?
What I read is that it doesn't violate your controlled medications with the FAA only based on the Emergency Use Authorization. That EUA is risky business. The FAA should know better. The FAA maybe isn't giving a mandate, but most likely it is the government subsidized airlines. There were some pilots that have reportedly passed out or died in flight on commercial airlines, but they have tried to deny that those events have happened. Flights being canceled over the holiday season over Corona virus, but next week it migt be a complete walkout as per the deadline.

The guy just barely went to the 48 hour mark as the FAA previously stated, but now is not.

If he noticed he wasnt feeling right immediately upon take off, why did he continue flying for another 2 hours?

What does this have to do with drones?
Other than the regs stating no use of drugs especially EUA or alcohol while operating drones. Might not quite be the problem this guy experienced while he was lucky nothing more than that happened.

Why does flying a drone feel like I have to socially distance from trees, cars, buildings, people, birds, bees, and other drones? If I put a mask on it, it can’t see where it’s going. The thing is locked down when I put it neatly packed away in it’s case. I’m not sure why I need to quarantine it for two weeks, because I’ll just have to charge the batteries back up.

It is never a good idea to encumber any flight, manned or unmanned with unknown substances. Hard enough to fly as it is.

Commercial flights seeing uptick in emergency squaks in flight even weeks or months after Vaccinations. So even if this pilot reacted immediately it remains to be uncertain when for others.

Now planting sunflower fields with a drone. No more ag planes needed?

That would require an N number to fly in the US. Big chem tank and big batteries. Put it to 55 lbs pretty easy, but how long does it fly? Looks like one of those law enforcement jobs. Just the drone itself is some major money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54