DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pinch or thumb method

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGuy

Reactions
I have seen this topic mentioned several times recently. However I thought some of the members may be interested in my experience yesterday. I was flying with my Mini 2 from my favourite hill along with other drone pilots. Some of these pilots were training noobies. As I was flying one of the instructors passed by me and raised both hands making a pinching sign with his thumb and forefinger? He did the same again on his his return? After landing the Mini 2 I walked over to him and asked what he was signaling to me. He said you are flying with your thumbs on the sticks which is not precise. You should be pinching the sticks for greater precision. I said I am flying generally in a wide open area so precision is not really necessary. He just replied saying you should always fly with precision and the only way to do that it by pinching the sticks. End of story!?

if you were flying a RC helicopter or an FPV drone ,then the pinch method would probably be better to ensure a quick stick response time , with regards to our drones then the thumb method is perfectly acceptable ,its really down to personal choice

Reactions: eaglesurfing
if you were flying a RC helicopter or an FPV drone ,then the pinch method would probably be better to ensure a quick stick response time , with regards to our drones then the thumb method is perfectly acceptable ,its really down to personal choice
I flew fixed wing back in the 70's and used the pinch method. Since flying drones these past three years I am doing both. However as I have a slight tremor in my hand/fingers these days I am using the pinch method more and more except when I am just flying about generally for fun. Yesterday the instructor who is a professional insisted absolutely on the pinch method no discussion! My impression after reading other threads on this forum is that most members use the thumb method.

I agree with you but this was a professional drone school teaching the students to use the pinch method and only the pinch method. Not only that but telling me to do the same!! ha ha

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thank you ALL for your contribution to this thread but this topic is already alive & well in this thread:

Just some general House Cleaning to help keep the forum organized.

*** Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada