DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pink pixel video footage Please Help!

Dr.Ones

Reactions

Problem? My video has pink pixelated crap in it.
Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Different computer, USB transfer, sd card transfer.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Galaxy S8 and DJI goggles

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Current

What Go app version are you using? Current

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) yes

My issue:
I had an ND8 filter no PL. It was a cloudy day so my WB settings in the drone were set to cloudy. RAW, ISO 100, 4K 30ps. My SD card is a Micro SDXC up to 100 red 90 write. The drone is 3 months old.

Is the card U3 rated?
You beautiful bastard! No, it's u1 and I have researched this all day and did not read this anywhere. I do shoot in 4k so that explains my issue. One thing though I have been using this card since I purchased my drone and have not had this happen in any other footage. I was wondering if it because maybe I need my iso up higher than 100 for cloudy days?

I am surprised you have not had dropped frames recording in 4K with a U1 card. You did not mention what the shutter rate was but should not be over 1/60 at 30fps. 100 ISO is the right setting for cloudy days, you just need to adjust the shutter speed with ND filters to get the frame rate right. It needs to be slow enough to introduce a little motion blur or the video may appear "jittery".

I am surprised you have not had dropped frames recording in 4K with a U1 card. You did not mention what the shutter rate was but should not be over 1/60 at 30fps. 100 ISO is the right setting for cloudy days, you just need to adjust the shutter speed with ND filters to get the frame rate right. It needs to be slow enough to introduce a little motion blur or the video may appear "jittery".
I'm sorry, as it turns out my card is U3. It's a Nintendo Switch SD card The White Zelda one. Yes, my settings were set to exactly those settings 1/60 at 30fps and 100 iso. I do run into "jittery" shots though. If it's jittery at times do I move the shutter speed up or down?

I'm sorry, as it turns out my card is U3. It's a Nintendo Switch SD card The White Zelda one. Yes, my settings were set to exactly those settings 1/60 at 30fps and 100 iso. I do run into "jittery" shots though. If it's jittery at times do I move the shutter speed up or down?
Here is another shot with exactly the same settings 1/60 30fps ISO 100 on U3 card.

Attachments

• capture 2.PNG
    capture 2.PNG
    568 KB · Views: 21

Problem? My video has pink pixelated crap in it.
Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Different computer, USB transfer, sd card transfer.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Galaxy S8 and DJI goggles

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Current

What Go app version are you using? Current

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) yes

My issue:
I had an ND8 filter no PL. It was a cloudy day so my WB settings in the drone were set to cloudy. RAW, ISO 100, 4K 30ps. My SD card is a Micro SDXC up to 100 red 90 write. The drone is 3 months old.
Before
After
I believe this is a combination of chromatic aberration
and moiré caused by the ripples in the water.

I used Adobe Camera Raw defringe tool to remove the purple aberration in the lens correction panel, used a selective brush tool and added a small amount of global grain to remove the moire.

Your sharpness settings are too high.
WOW! Awesome! I really appreciate you taking the time to work on this for me. Here are two more photos where it is a lot more noticeable. The top one has colorista and bottom is no color correction.
As for the moire would that cause the pixel stuff to appear to be blocky? You can still see the pinkish color on the no correction shot just not as much. rear boat.PNGrear without color correction.PNG

View attachment 71377
WOW! Awesome! I really appreciate you taking the time to work on this for me. Here are two more photos where it is a lot more noticeable. The top one has colorista and bottom is no color correction.
As for the moire would that cause the pixel stuff to appear to be blocky? You can still see the pinkish color on the no correction shot just not as much. View attachment 71362View attachment 71363

Yea I don’t think I was right at all. I’m thinking this is just a really underexposed footage that when boosted is just stretching out the color range too much.
DFEB52F8-4C55-47A1-B498-59F4D8A4A459.jpeg
You don’t have any highlights or even midtones in there what so ever. So when you stretch out the histogram it stretches out the colors too so you’ll get color that wasn’t meant to be in certain tones appearing. Editing software can’t make something out of nothing.

So you’ll need to do a selective color adjust or a hue saturation curve to push that color back to where it’s suppose to be. Make it look better if you go for totally removing it you’ll drive yourself crazy.

Can you even tell it’s there when the video is played back?

It’s on your red channel btw. When boosting just the blue and green it’s not there. View attachment 71380
Interesting, I can definitely still see the blocky pink in the top corners in the blue and green photo. As for my playback without any color correction, you can see it as well just not as much. Definitely to the point I wouldn't show anyone and be proud of it. The sun is finally shining today so I am going to go out and experiment with this and I will let you know what I come up with. The underexposed tip makes a ton of sense because the first words out of my mouth when I got to the location was "**** its dark out here" Can't help but feel like having an ND8 might have also been too much. Maybe an ND4 for dark days like this?

My first thought when I saw the picture was a combination of underexposure with high ISO settings to get the footage. In the old days, as pictures were banned on films, you had to know that the higher the ISO was, the better you could use it in poor light conditions BUT the more "corning" you would get in the pictures. Now a days the "corning" is kind of replaced by "noise" in form of the pinky pixels you have.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB