DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pix4 minimum altitude

John1945

Reactions
Does anyone know if the Pix4 app imposed a minimum altitude on way-points?

Does anyone know if the Pix4 app imposed a minimum altitude on way-points?
DroneDeploy has a default height for mapping flights of 246 feet because that's a fairly good height for average use.
You can reduce that to as low as 66 ft if you want to ... but if the survey has a lot of 3D topography/trees etc, the lower you go, the harder it is to get a good stitch because the differences between adjacent images are too great.

We are trying to take high resolution images (3mm/pixel) for agriculture flying over a corn field. the corn is no more than 11ft high at maturity. the Litchi app allows flying as low as we need but I don't know about Pix4 or the Drone Deploy app you mentioned.

DroneDeploy has a default height for mapping flights of 246 feet because that's a fairly good height for average use.
You can reduce that to as low as 66 ft if you want to ... but if the survey has a lot of 3D topography/trees etc, the lower you go, the harder it is to get a good stitch because the differences between adjacent images are too great.
This is very true. I found out the hard way by flying too low and had holes in my map. Not sure when I will get back to that spot again to map.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS