PIX4DCAPTURE

kateveg7

Reactions
Hello,

my drone is mavic 2 pro,
i use it over the last 2 years to create orthophoto,
to capture the photos, i use the free app Pix4dcapture
the last 2 years i was using it without any problems,
the last week all the photos i took are very bright (probably out of focus?)

on the left side is the new photos, and on the right side is the old photos (1 month before) from the same altitude
DJI_0539
DJI_05391920×811 270 KB

i have callibrate my drone and is fully updated

thank you

That's an exposure issue and has nothing to do with focus.
Post one of the full-size original washed out images and I'll see if the metadata shows the reason.

You are using auto exposure, but you have (accidentally) set Exposure Compensation to +1.3.
This means that the camera will overexpose each image 1.3 stops past where the normal autoexposure would be.

In DJI Go 4, look at the camera data line that shows on your normal flying screen.
i-DQNgC6q-M.jpg

See the number under EV ... you need to dial that back to zero or even -0.3

You are using auto exposure, but you have (accidentally) set Exposure Compensation to +1.3.
This means that the camera will overexpose each image 1.3 stops past where the normal autoexposure would be.

In DJI Go 4, look at the camera data line that shows on your normal flying screen.
i-DQNgC6q-M.jpg

See the number under EV ... you need to dial that back to zero or even -0.3
thank you

Hello,

my drone is mavic 2 pro,

on the left side is the new photos, and on the right side is the old photos (1 month before) from the same altitude
DJI_0539
DJI_05391920×811 270 KB

thank you
I had to stop using Pix4DCapture altogether with my M2P due to the autofocus and lighting screwing up and this strange purple vingette on all the snow while mapping. Had to switch to DD and use manual settings to ensure proper imagery capture.

Hello,

my drone is mavic 2 pro,

DJI_0539
DJI_05391920×811 270 KB

thank you
Hello dear friend, i have been a hobbist photographer with a mavic mini and now a air 2s, i am doing some research on how to make ortophoto wth my drone to earn some money, what software do you use to create the actual ortho map after you capture all the pictures with pix4dcapture?

what software do you use to create the actual ortho map after you capture all the pictures with pix4dcapture?
You can have Pix4D or DroneDeploy do the processing for you or use Agisoft Metashape to do it yourself.

Hello dear friend, i have been a hobbist photographer with a mavic mini and now a air 2s, i am doing some research on how to make ortophoto wth my drone to earn some money, what software do you use to create the actual ortho map after you capture all the pictures with pix4dcapture?
Those drones are not supported by Pix4Dcapture.

Photogrammetry software is very expensive. I’ve paid for DroneDeploy, OpenDroneMap, and Maps Made Easy. I use Pix4Dmapper, Cloud, Matic, and Survey professionally. I also dinked around with Metashape. These all will generate ortho mosaics and 3D models.

I directly compared data sets between Drone Deploy, Pix4DMapper, Cloud, Matic and Maps Made Easy. The Maps Made easy produced the worst ortho and a very simplified 3D mesh. DroneDeploy results are excellent, as are Pix4Dmapper and Matic. DD mesh models are better than Pix4Dcloud models, with better texture resolution and detail.

Prices are high though for both DD and Pix4D. ODM is free (or 50 bucks) and is decent, but has some drawbacks. I sometimes process jobs with over 2000 photos, and ODM is not efficient at that scale. My best laptop would also take 2 weeks to crunch all those bundle adjustments. That’s the other thing: do you have a high powered desktop available for processing hours/days at a time? If not, cloud processing services like DD and MapsMadeEasy are better deals, IMHO.

Maps Made Easy is inexpensive and what I currently use for small, non-survey grade maps and models for personal use. I like the pay-per-input credit system they use, since I may not make any maps for a couple of months. I use ODM for the same, but on my old PC so as not to interrupt anything else I work on. One other product I haven’t used is Reality Capture, which also uses a per-per-input system. I hear good things about RC.

Sorry I went a little OT. I’d start a new thread and ask again, but TLDR: Beginner/hobbyist should look at ODM and Maps Made Easy for ortho photo processing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica