DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

pixalation

woodweasel

Reactions
Recently, during a routine exercise, the screen on my samsung7 started to pixilate. upon reviewing the sd card, there was no sign of any pixilation. I tried again with my tablet, and got the same results. I unloaded the djigo4 program, and downloaded the older Sept 2017 Djigo4 program. I got one flight out of it before it to started to pixilate on my phone. Again no problem with the video from the Mavic Pro, which operates perfectly. I was about 3300 ft. away at 150 ft. high, when I went blind on the screen. I pressed the RTH button and thank goodness the drone worked perfectly, down to landing on the 2ft.x2ft. landing board I made , exactly!. Very impressed. Love this machine, please any help would be appreciated.

i

Standard Go 4 version problem. Search for "pixelation" and you will find a lot of threads about it.

Do you fly from more than one location? Does the pixelation get better/worse depending on distance?
I always let off from my property in the county. Since I am blind with the screen I a pixelated state, I only have gone up to about 35 or 40 ft. Then I fly by keeping the drone in site, and return to my yard to check the SD card which is always clear and in perfect visual condition.

Happens all the time on Mavic and P4 with Crystalsky, at least mine. With iPad, I don't see pixelation as much as a freeze, then jump forward to catch up with the actual location. More prone to happen with a pan. Never shows up in actual video, so I just have gotten used to it. I use the bottom USB port on Mavic controller for both CS and iPad.

Paul C

Recently, during a routine exercise, the screen on my samsung7 started to pixilate
I came here today to write about my experience with this problem. Once it started it got progressively worse until the last wedding I shot was all done by the grace of god (and by line of sight)

The problem turned out to be a simple one: bad controller tether. I have a Galaxy s7 active that I use just for the drone (no sim card) so sometimes I would leave the phone in the controller lose in my bag. I suspect this damaged the cord.

Bought a replacement cord on amazon for about $7 and it cleared up perfectly. Cheap option for you to try at least. Good luck!

Do you fly from more than one location? Does the pixelation get better/worse depending on distance?
I am a little embarrassed that my wife suggested to go back to taking off in our field. I did change my HDMI cord and there has been an improvement in the amount of pixilation disruption. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

I came here today to write about my experience with this problem. Once it started it got progressively worse until the last wedding I shot was all done by the grace of god (and by line of sight)

The problem turned out to be a simple one: bad controller tether. I have a Galaxy s7 active that I use just for the drone (no sim card) so sometimes I would leave the phone in the controller lose in my bag. I suspect this damaged the cord.

Bought a replacement cord on amazon for about $7 and it cleared up perfectly. Cheap option for you to try at least. Good luck!
Thank you for your suggestion. I will order another tether cord from amazon tomorrow.

Reactions: RTKD
I've had good luck with Anker USB brand cables. Not the cheapest or most expensive, but always reliable in my experience.
What a coincidence, I just got off of Amazon and ordered two 1ft Anker USB cables, I read good things about them. Thank you microlinux, I will stay in touch. I will be receiving the cables on Saturday.

I believe this is an issue with Samsung phones. I've had nothing but problems with Samsung S5 and S7.

DJI is helpless.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will order another tether cord from amazon tomorrow.

Hope it works for you, I was heartbroken when I started losing picture. Let us know how it turns out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada