DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pixel 6 and 6 pro wont work with dji fly

Amarko

Reactions
Don't buy a pixel 6 or 6 Pro if you hope to use dji fly app with a mini 2 .... all the controls work but you get NO video on the app 😒 😕 it's been reported to dji but no response other than use a phone from the list of known working phones ...

Do you already have a Pixel 6 ?
Who tested it first?
(Otherwise how fond are you of it?)

Don't buy a pixel 6 or 6 Pro if you hope to use dji fly app with a mini 2 .... all the controls work but you get NO video on the app 😒 😕 it's been reported to dji but no response other than use a phone from the list of known working phones ...
Try a different USB cable.

I can confirm that Dji Fly app does not work with the Google Pixel 6 Pro. It is not a cable issue nor an Android 12 issue as it works as expected on my Google Pixel 4XL with Andriod 12 and the latest Dji Fly app V 1.4.12. You can operate the drone but can not receive video.

If you are using the correct cable, have enabled USB debugging in developer settings, and it still doesn't work, you will probably have to wait for an update. The Pixel 6 uses Google's in-house SoC for the first time and that may be causing compatibility issues (just a guess). It also runs Android 12 which most phones do not have yet.

Perhaps an unpopular answer, but DJI provides lists of compatible/tested devices for a reason - there are far too many smartphones/tablets out there for them to individually test all of them and verify operation. It's actually one reason why like the Smart Controller - guaranteed no compatibility issues with software or cabling.

Do you already have a Pixel 6 ?
Who tested it first?
(Otherwise how fond are you of it?)

My brother has a Pixel 6 Pro already and I played with it for a few hours. Excellent phone, phenomenal camera & processing (first big update there since the Pixel 2). Only complaint is it has no 10X lens like some of the competition does, but Google's digital zoom algorithms are better than anyone else's by a pretty big margin which helps close that gap.

Plenty of YouTube reviews up on it that you may wish to check out.

Have you made sure all permissions are enabled for the app in the app settings?
Long press the app then tap app info.

Similar thing happened with I tried to use Samsung A7 tablet for the first time, i played with video settings, flipped some on\off and got the image, i guess DJI app needed to reinitialize the screen and playing with settings triggered it.

Dji fly app 1.5.1 (2025-official) solves the black screen problem on Pixel 6 phones​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa