DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pixilation of video on mavic pro platinum

Philip Kahn

Reactions
New to the dji line . Raced rc trucks,cars,flew planes and 3d helicopters. First good drone with a camera. Have terrible pixilation on video with mavic pro platinum. Question being I am using samsung tab e tablet. Could it be as simple as an underpowered tablet. I have also used a galaxy note 4 which works marginally better than the tab e, but still not good. Real question is is the problem with the device i am using or with the drone. Still pictures are quite good videos are horrible. Would the masses suggest a better tablet? Any suggestions for the cure will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Former Member
Could it be as simple as an underpowered tablet.

Yes, the Note 4 is already 4 years old and so is your E . Try a newer device. Also, check the media from your SD card and see if it's ok, it probably is.

I race RC cars and trucks, and I never cheap out on the radio. I always bought a new one every 2 years as the tech evolved. You can buy a decent modern device to fly your Mavic with for not too much money. Right now you are trying to fly your $1200 drone with the equivalent of an AM radio in RC. :)

Reactions: macoman
Yes, the Note 4 is already 4 years old and so is your E . Try a newer device. Also, check the media from your SD card and see if it's ok, it probably is.

I race RC cars and trucks, and I never cheap out on the radio. I always bought a new one every 2 years as the tech evolved. You can buy a decent modern device to fly your Mavic with for not too much money. Right now you are trying to fly your $1200 drone with the equivalent of an AM radio in RC. :)
Speaking of racing, I really need to get me new racer airborne. I haven't even had a chance to fly any drone in the last 2 months with the exception of providing DJI a video to apply for DJI Care Refresh +.

Thankyou for you quick response Was what i was thinking. Devices I already owned so thought I would try them. I like android but most people make it sound like apple is better You thoughts. Would an android on the dji list be good enough?

There are Apple people and there are Android people, personal choice and there are pros and cons for each camp. Im an Android user, and my S8+ does a fantastic job. It doubles as my mobile communications and email phone. I was using an S6 and an S7 before this, also flawless.

Reactions: macoman
Thankyou for you quick response Was what i was thinking. Devices I already owned so thought I would try them. I like android but most people make it sound like apple is better You thoughts. Would an android on the dji list be good enough?
It all depends on your budget... I personally have a ZTE K88 tablet which have LTE data for less than $100 dollars but it was because of my budget and works great with my mavic pro. However, DJI products works better with Apple products. If you can afford the latest iPad tablets, go for it. Better compatibility and performance.

There are Apple people and there are Android people, personal choice and there are pros and cons for each camp. Im an Android user, and my S8+ does a fantastic job. It doubles as my mobile communications and email phone. I was using an S6 and an S7 before this, also flawless.
Thankyou so much do for a new phone ill go with a note 8

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy