DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Places to fly in East Bay SF

Acephx

Reactions
I live in Pleasant hill. I have the AirMap App but to be honest it’s really confusing. Can I fly in Lime Ridge Open Space? It doesn’t have any advisories and is green on the map?

Reactions: nvaerialmedia
DJI FlySafe GEO Zone Map shows altitude restrictions (gray shaded area) for Buchanan Field towards the western region of the park. Part of the northern tip of the park lies within enhanced warning area and authorization zone as well.

You may want to ask one of the rangers if drones are permitted. On the rules and regulations it states no motor vehicles of any kind are allowed:

Rules and Regulations | City of Walnut Creek.

Not sure if they qualify drones as motor vehicles but you may want to ask. Park ranger info here: Meet the Staff | City of Walnut Creek

Good luck.

pleasanthill107.PNG

Are drones considered a vehicle?
You don’t get in them or ride on them. They also don’t have wheels. Did anyone ask a ranger? I’m also interested in flying there.

Technically the state or city doesn't have the rights to control the airspace anywhere. They do however have rights to control where you can operate from. In the East Bay Regional Parks District rules you can not operate the drone from within Lime Ridge. You will have to be out of the park and then on top of that in line of sight. It is super complicated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J