DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Places to fly In Edinburgh?

wheresmydrone

Reactions
Hi all,
I just arrived in Edinburgh and will be here for the next 4 days. Can anyone from the area or has been in the area offer any advice on where to fly my Mavic Air an d any local rules I should be aware of?

I’ve done some research on the forums for Edinburgh, and it seems the place where I can possible fly is in Carlton Hill and at Arthur’s Seat. I’m aware of the drone code rules from the UK and will be following them the best I can, but I f eel like I need some additional tips and guidelines as to not offend the locales.

I appreciate any timely advice. Thanks everyone.

I don't live in Edinburgh anymore but I did and I still work here.

1. Get the NATS (National Air Traffic Control) "Drone Assist" app for your phone.
2. You've got a big problem with Edinburgh Airport. Pretty much the whole of Edinburgh is Class D regulated airspace. You've got to go as far as Musselburgh to the East or Grangemouth to the North-West to get out of that.
3. Be careful flying close to Holyrood Palace - just to the north of Arthur's Seat - it is a Royal Palace.
4. Calton Hill is pretty much a no - you are unlikely to be less than 150m of crowds and built up areas (which are banned from overflight - 150m being more than the 120m max altitude.)

Reactions: wheresmydrone
I don't live in Edinburgh anymore but I did and I still work here.

1. Get the NATS (National Air Traffic Control) "Drone Assist" app for your phone.
2. You've got a big problem with Edinburgh Airport. Pretty much the whole of Edinburgh is Class D regulated airspace. You've got to go as far as Musselburgh to the East or Grangemouth to the North-West to get out of that.
3. Be careful flying close to Holyrood Palace - just to the north of Arthur's Seat - it is a Royal Palace.
4. Calton Hill is pretty much a no - you are unlikely to be less than 150m of crowds and built up areas (which are banned from overflight - 150m being more than the 120m max altitude.)

Idrach, thanks for the reply. I’ll be sure to check where is the royal palace before flying from Arthur’s Seat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929