DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plastic Dome Camera Protector

I thought that he might not have the go app open. "I downloaded it, I didn't know I had to launch it too."
When he was trying to turn on the drone he was holding the power button only.

You have to click, release, then click and hold until all four green lights illuminate. That will "turn on" the drone and give you the cool beep, beep, beep that he was wanting. I not worried he'll figure it out very soon.

Perhaps some third party will make an optically clear cover that will do both, protect the camera and not degrade the VQ.
That would cost more than the Mavic!
To produce an optically clear non distorting photographic quality domed glass (it can't be plastic because of the optical properties) canopy that then has fixings attached to allow flex for mounting and removing......well, you get the idea.

I will be keeping the dome on while I am learning. When I need to start doing video it will come off. The dome is not there to protect the lens glass, but the gimbal itself.

And yeah - I dont think we'll see an affordable domed glass gimbal cover that is optically viable for use filming without glare.

When he was trying to turn on the drone he was holding the power button only.

You have to click, release, then click and hold until all four green lights illuminate. That will "turn on" the drone and give you the cool beep, beep, beep that he was wanting. I not worried he'll figure it out very soon.
Yeah he had read beforehand most of its technicalities yet didnt know how to power on the mavic..and he wanted to go fly it if he had enough power in the battery [emoji1]
He should read up on his manual a little before trying to "start" his drone. I think his sync issue could be solved simply by properly powering on both the Mavic and RC.

It was a good unboxing though and definitely got my heart racing as I anticipate my own shipment coming soon!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Kind of depresses me that people like this who have almost no clue and have obviously not even read the manual are getting their Mavics already... Is there no Justice at DJI? ;)

Reactions: Brubaker
Kind of depresses me that people like this who have almost no clue and have obviously not even read the manual are getting their Mavics already... Is there no Justice at DJI? ;)
Don't worry - these same people will not have a Mavic after 24/48 hours!

That would cost more than the Mavic!
To produce an optically clear non distorting photographic quality domed glass (it can't be plastic because of the optical properties) canopy that then has fixings attached to allow flex for mounting and removing......well, you get the idea.
Hmmm!, I have some lexon domes on my 1080P high end security cameras that provide for a very sharp and clear video. Not 'optically' clear but would be just fine for everyday use. They are not very expensive and at the size needed for the Mavic you could have several of them as needed.

Hmmm!, I have some lexon domes on my 1080P high end security cameras that provide for a very sharp and clear video. Not 'optically' clear but would be just fine for everyday use. They are not very expensive and at the size needed for the Mavic you could have several of them as needed.
You just answered your own question - 'Not optically clear'
And for 4k, optical quality is everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54