DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

play back on pc

wingtraveler

Reactions
have a issue with playback on my pc. first i did some recording on the drone then i took the sd card and inserted it in to my computer and viewed my pics and my videos that was say monday, tuesday i flew and did some recording and pics took the sd card and inserted it in to the pc. problem is i can see the pics and video on monday but i can only see the pics and not the video from Tuesdays flight nothings change this is the message i get when trying to play a video from Tuesdays flight )Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.) like i said i can still view mondays flight i have saved to the computer but tuesdays i cant view but i can see the pics. whats up with that

it is a air 2 no did not turn if off before stopping recording have multiple records and pics on tuesdays flight i can view them on the sc but when i take the sd card out of the drone and put it in the pc all i get is the pics its formatted the same as always all the properties are the same on mondays as on tuesdays

Leave the SD in the drone and always check then with the PLAY button you see on the DJI app. If it works there, then perhaps you use a 4K modus where you have no player for (you can check that as well in the app pressing the button ‘download’ next to your video. This is another workaround: First in app download and then to your PC and you will see. Otherwise in app in main menu to edit functions. Youtube has much video’s about this. i prefer the Go4 app above the fly but air and mini work with other app (that is why i bought the old Pro and not the new mini in the end for a similar price).

Summary as a tip:
So try to reformat SD card, put to lower video resolution than 4K, play it in the app and then put it in your computer.

Update us if this works because a lot of people read here. No social distance here ?? +je

i might have changed the video setting on the controller from one to the 4k i cant remember what it was set on but it must have been the first choose and i switched it to i believe the 4k maybe that's why i cant view any on my pc i don't have the unit in front of me so i will experiment tonight and see what i set it on may be my pc cant view them its a older pc i will also try it on my new pc and see what i get thanks you comment made me remember i change the settings

Reactions: Van Belle Jean Marc
H.265 Codec will give an older (and even some newer) PCs fits. If you shot 4K/60 then it defaults to the H.265 codec until you go back in and change it back to H.264. H.265 is the only option for 4k/60 on the Air 2

Reactions: wingtraveler
have a issue with playback on my pc. first i did some recording on the drone then i took the sd card and inserted it in to my computer and viewed my pics and my videos that was say monday, tuesday i flew and did some recording and pics took the sd card and inserted it in to the pc. problem is i can see the pics and video on monday but i can only see the pics and not the video from Tuesdays flight nothings change this is the message i get when trying to play a video from Tuesdays flight )Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.) like i said i can still view mondays flight i have saved to the computer but tuesdays i cant view but i can see the pics. whats up with that
Put the SD card back in the Drone and switch every thing on leave it switched on for a couple of minutes and the software inside the drone will automatically correct the issue , I have had this a couple of times myself. Good on DJI they think of everything

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242