DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Playing with quickshots today MA2

A.O.

Reactions
So I've been flying about a month now and finally got up the nerve to try some of the quickshots on my BFO MA2. I've been kind of afraid to try them and not be in control of my drone so I went out in my practice field and gave them a go!
I have to admit on the first couple I bailed and hit the big red X to stop them in the middle!!! Finally did them all, learning what I could as I went. So when I got to asteroid, not knowing what exactly it did, it got way up there and the camera started going wild on me (when I got back in and did some research I see it was supposed to!) any way I bailed on that twice.. thought it was going bad! Cant wait to get out tomorrow and try again!! I'm also going to try out those focus track options!

For kicks, today...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks and sounds exactly like I did except I have a CUMMINS BABY! :cool: Thumbswayup

Reactions: A.O.
Sorry A.O. your nice truck isn’t the right color!

(I watched a bit of an old movie “Whikey, Tango, Foxtrot” in which a reporter from the states goes to Afghanistan. Anyway, she’s ready to accompany a Marine patrol when a marine stops her because of her orange backpack. Something made me think of your color.)

But seriously, thanks for your post. I’ve only dabbled with Circle and understand the feeling of unease.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Practice makes perfect and the only way to correct errors, feel comfortable, and get better.

For me, I am always practicing. ?

Last edited:
Did the same the other day A.O. You can get some good shots
using the different modes. It's weird watching the drone do it's
thing while having no input yourself. The focus track is brilliant,
i set it up walked around the field at it followed my every move.
Even when i started to jog about it kept up perfectly......great fun.
It's funny if you suddenly stop turn round and walk fast towards
the drone, it still manages to stop and reverse back in time to avoid
you....?

Sorry A.O. your nice truck isn’t the right color!

(I watched a bit of an old movie “Whikey, Tango, Foxtrot” in which a reporter from the states goes to Afghanistan. Anyway, she’s ready to accompany a Marine patrol when a marine stops her because of her orange backpack. Something made me think of your color.)

But seriously, thanks for your post. I’ve only dabbled with Circle and understand the feeling of unease.
Yes, I tried to find an orange one, but to no avail, sorry.;)

Excellent - I need to try it.....
If you are like me you will have your finger on the abort button!! Weird watching that thing flying itself.. didn't want it to fly into anything, and I wasn't real sure where it was going!

Did the same the other day A.O. You can get some good shots
using the different modes. It's weird watching the drone do it's
thing while having no input yourself. The focus track is brilliant,
i set it up walked around the field at it followed my every move.
Even when i started to jog about it kept up perfectly......great fun.
It's funny if you suddenly stop turn round and walk fast towards
the drone, it still manages to stop and reverse back in time to avoid
you....?
Yeah, focus track will be my next experiment right after re-trying that asteroid thing.

Practice makes perfect and the only way to correct errors, feel comfortable, and get better.

For me, I am always practicing. ?
Agreed, practice is a good thing. I was a motorcycle riding instructor for a number of years and its amazing what a bit of practice will do for you. That, and I'm still trying to figure out all this thing will do.

I think the quick shots are fun to play with, learned a lot by just experimenting with them, I also have a wide open area to fly. Lesson learned with a previous drone be careful with power lines, mine went to return home mode and was underneath a power line and before I could gain control it flew into the line

• Wow
Reactions: A.O. and rickfmdj
I think the quick shots are fun to play with, learned a lot by just experimenting with them, I also have a wide open area to fly. Lesson learned with a previous drone be careful with power lines, mine went to return home mode and was underneath a power line and before I could gain control it flew into the line
I seem to stay closer to the trees side of the field than the power line /road side.. I can see the trees better, but thanks for the heads up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico