DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help I notice this shadow in photos

I would assume it's definitely on the (outside? )of the camera lens. If it's inside the lens, is this a new Mp? Or is this something that showed up recently?

I would assume it's definitely on the (outside? )of the camera lens. If it's inside the lens, is this a new Mp? Or is this something that showed up recently?
I think it's from inside .I noticed when I change image ratio from 16:9 to 4:3

Well, if it's inside I would contact @Thunderdrones and ask him Before shipping your Mp to Dgi. After reading the issues you could have, it would almost seem worth it to pay $100 or something to wipe the inside of the lens as opposed to dealing with potentially having to EARN your warranty with endless phone calls and disconnects and as long as 5 weeks turnaround time... However, I've heard of peeps getting thier Mp back from dji in as little as 5 days.. . Whatever.. Seems like you're Ina pickle.

Reactions: Former Member
Looks like a speck on the camera sensor. You might try a light tap on the side of the camera body to see if it moves.

Reactions: Kilrah
I can see it only in picture ratio 4:3 in 16 : 9 dissapears
That would be because 4:3 is the actual size of the sensor. 16:9 crops into the 4:3 by banding the top and bottom of the image, thusly:

8b43e5e2f63e87d91b1d81de9b45b71e.jpg

Reactions: Paul2660
Sensor dust speck for sure, sometimes a sharp tap on the camera body will shift it, using something like a pencil.
It appears at the top but will be near the bottom and you want to encourage it to go down.
Sometimes specks are only held by static.

You sure it's not on the outside of the lens? Dust on the sensor normally wouldn't show that blurry.
This is what I normally see when I had a droplet on the front lens.

I have dust on the sensor of my old Nikon D200 all the time. Even got a special dust removal kit for it. It shows more with wide angle lenses such as on the mavic. Modern DSLRs even have an automated mechanical dust removal technology. Cheaper ones use software to automatically remove (once prerecorded) dust specks in the photo.

If you're bothered with it the only thing to do is send it in for service. There's no way to clean the sensor yourself unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burghmuir