DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help me locate this AC

amstar

Reactions
I was testing a new pair CF props for the MA. I took off in Atti mode. It was quite breezy and I'm not quite sure whether it was a stick input from me but the AC careened off at quite a speed to the right of me for some yards and then backwards. Adjacent is another plot which is also our building, beyond that is open space. There is thick undergowth in patches. The AC finally fell down and at its resting place the i could see a leaf in the red glow. Below is the flight record from the iPhone:
Could you (sar) kindly on point out on google maps where the **** thing is because the undergrowth is like prickly thorns or something and it rains often.
Thanks so much.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-06-22_[17-32-30].txt
    128.9 KB · Views: 13
I'm sorry sar. Try this one. The data amount was so short, I wasn't sure.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-06-22_[19-25-07].txt
    59.1 KB · Views: 5
Okay - it was in ATTI mode due to poor GPS reception. As a result the txt log doesn't contain any positional data. You will need to get the mobile device DAT file (FLY064.DAT) instead:

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: dawgpilot
OK, here's the DAT file. Hopefully, this will get something. Thanks for all the help, sar.

Attachments

• 2019-06-22_19-24-15_FLY064.DAT
    6.1 MB · Views: 5
It looks like it crashed on the road, lay there for 24 minutes, and then was hit by something. If that position is accurate then it may have been run over. The apparent movement during that 24 minutes is spurious - it was completely stationary.

Did it fly over the other house or how is the track going twice over it?

That's the spurious movement that I mentioned - it's not real. The actual track ends where I marked the crash site. The rest of the track data just result from variable GPS reception.

That's the spurious movement that I mentioned - it's not real. The actual track ends where I marked the crash site. The rest of the track data just result from variable GPS reception.

Thanks!

Sar,
I have like a conspiracy theory so may be this unfortunate crash which is very unlike my flying style, may help.
Do the stick inputs correlate with ac movement? Do you have that kind of data o’ quad-wizard?

Sar,
I have like a conspiracy theory so may be this unfortunate crash which is very unlike my flying style, may help.
Do the stick inputs correlate with ac movement? Do you have that kind of data o’ quad-wizard?

The pitch and roll correlate properly with elevator and aileron. No conspiracy required.

The aircraft was in ATTI mode because it had too few satellites locked:

I was testing a new pair CF props for the MA. I took off in Atti mode. It was quite breezy and I'm not quite sure
I feel bad about your lost.....Just curious, why did you take off in the state of ATTI Mode?

I feel bad about your lost.....Just curious, why did you take off in the state of ATTI Mode?

I was testing a new pair of racing props and I always do that on atti mode. I guess these props were a bit too much. The FP on them was 56deg! It was quiet breezy too.

Last edited:
I was testing a new pair of racing props and I always do that on atti mode. I guess these props were a bit too much. It was quiet breezy too.

Shout out to the master: sar101

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
libanczyk