DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLI worth it for sub-250g ?

Do you have PL insurance for your sub-250g machine ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

AeroJ

Reactions
Considering Grey Arrows insurance for £25 a year, which seems reasonable for <£5 million cover, but I do wonder how much trouble I could reasonably expect to run into with my tiny M4P. I'm a very careful flyer, who is quite risk-averse in flights, Wondering how many of you recreational guys with just the Minis have got PLI, and whether you consider it worthwhile having for such a tiny light craft... cheers !

Reactions: Cafguy
When you factor in the sad state of the "where there's blame: there's a claim" ambulance chaser culture were lumbered with now, even a small nick with a prop blade will result in ridiculously overblown claims of injury and 'mental distress'.... Better safe than sorry and the G/A broker gives good VFM - an excellent policy for a recreational user.

When you factor in the sad state of the "where there's blame: there's a claim" ambulance chaser culture were lumbered with now, even a small nick with a prop blade will result in ridiculously overblown claims of injury and 'mental distress'.... Better safe than sorry and the G/A broker gives good VFM - an excellent policy for a recreational user.
One reason why I try to avoid flying over or near people, fish etc. can't sue me lol.

Reactions: Cafguy
You are Flying your Mini 4 on a nice spring day when all of a sudden a bird comes out of no-where and attacks your Drone.
The bird delivers a fatal blow to one of your props and the drone tumbles to the ground.
BUT instead of the ground your now out of control Drone Hits a semi truck traveling down the same road. The startled Driver panics and drives his semi into a roadside eatery injuring the many customers inside....................................GET INSURANCE! Best money you'll never spend...

Reactions: AeroJ
@AeroJ i find it hard to understand ,why becoming a member of any organisation,appertaining to drone flying ,that you would not take advantage of what they have to offer ,i have both my drones covered with FPV UK as part of my membership package ,as others have said better safe than sorry

Reactions: AeroJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad