DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plz Help - Another Black Screen Post

BrownHornet

Reactions
Hello all and thanks for checking my post.

For weeks, I've been searching and reading everything I can google in regards to not getting live video feed and Black screen in the app. Below I'm going to detail what I've done to resolve the issue. I've probably forgotten something so I welcome informed opinions on items I may have missed.

I'm really hoping to find a resource that can explain to me what the different circuit boards in the drone control. Is there do one of the smaller boards also have something to do with live video feed? Or is that controlled on the main board.

Mavic Pro was crashed and the gimbal ribbon and video cable were damaged. Right Forward Vision sensor was also damaged. Cables have been replaced but I still no live video in the app. Things I've done to troubleshoot (in no particular order):

• installed gimbal on another drone - live video works
  • installed known good gimbal - no live video on app
  • downgraded firmware on both the RC & Drone all the way down to version .100. Checked for live video on each firmware version.
  • deleted app reinstalled app, tried app on another device, tried app on both android and IOS devices - no video.
  • Reset Cam settings
  • Reset drone to factory defaults
Forgot to add that I've also adjust the wheel exposure setting to both extremes with no change in the live video feed.

Any help or direction that you can add to my issue will be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
check your sd card slot if everything is ok with the contacts etc... , if not sure replace it. Most of black screens are occured by insufficient communication between your camera and your sd card.
Let me know if that helped.

Hi there,
check your sd card slot if everything is ok with the contacts etc... , if not sure replace it. Most of black screens are occured by insufficient communication between your camera and your sd card.
Let me know if that helped.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check that out but in the mean time...

So I will not get live feed if no SD card in installed at all? I'm merely talking about when I first turn the drone on, before flight.

Were you able to find a fix?
I have the same problem. replaced both the ribbon cable and video cable and only get black screen. Not able to record to SD card.

Never found a fix. Drone is just collecting dust. I surf the web every now and then, hoping somebody finds/shares a fix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan