DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point of interest obstacle avoidance

vadread

Reactions
Hi can anyone tell me, If when I'm in Point of Interest mode, does the Mavic 2 zoom use obstacle avoidance. For example, if I have my house as the point of interest will the Mavic 2 circle my house and avoid the trees.

Reactions: Dronage
Hi can anyone tell me, If when I'm in Point of Interest mode, does the Mavic 2 zoom use obstacle avoidance. For example, if I have my house as the point of interest will the Mavic 2 circle my house and avoid the trees.
From the manual...
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.48.26 PM.png

Reactions: Dronage
It would be handy if the manual specified which lateral sensors are active in POI. I believe the drone has to be in P or S to fly these shots and that normally the sideways looking sensors are active ONLY in T mode.
I wonder if you can fly circles with the camera looking substantially sideways so that the drone could fly them pointing substantially forwards

You can enter into Intelligent flight modes such as POI only from P mode.

Lateral, as in side vision sensors.

You can tell which OA sensors are active by looking at the OA icon at the top of the screen.

Assuming POI 2.0 uses the side sensors, as the posted exhibit suggests, encountering an obstacle would probably stop POI, unless POI can use APAS in conjunction with it.

Sideways sensors are definitely available in Active Track under certain situations.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61