DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro Gimbal Lock Mavic 2

I noticed the PolarPro gimbal lock has tabs on the front like the SunnyLife gimbal lock. I realize you haven't had much time to test out the durability, but how do they seem quality-wise?

Reactions: DavidNDC
I noticed the PolarPro gimbal lock has tabs on the front like the SunnyLife gimbal lock. I realize you haven't had much time to test out the durability, but how do they seem quality-wise?

Because of the material used, I would say that they are much more durable and somewhat "flexible" so they should last indefinitely. It doesn't hurt that PP has a lifetime warranty on it as well.

It doesn't hurt that PP has a lifetime warranty on it as well
Good point. And I guess if the tabs start breaking, PolarPro will redesign the tabs to make them stronger.

Good point. And I guess if the tabs start breaking, PolarPro will redesign the tabs to make them stronger.

Yep... Of course there's a diminishing returns situation as the pieces can only be so thick. Heck, I put the thing on wrong a few times ( one tab in, one tab out) from behind the camera without any damage so I have a decent level of confidence.

I noticed their Amazon listing shows the gimbal lock is made of reinforced nylon. That should definitely be more durable than whatever plastic the SunnyLife gimbal lock is made from. With that said though, I must say the tabs are still holding up just fine on my SunnyLife gimbal lock.

I noticed their Amazon listing shows the gimbal lock is made of reinforced nylon. That should definitely be more durable than whatever plastic the SunnyLife gimbal lock is made from. With that said though, I must say the tabs are still holding up just fine on my SunnyLife gimbal lock.

Oh I didn't mean to demean them in any way, it's probably more down to my ham fisted ness or maybe the felt pad I've been putting into it to lessen the rattling. If you're happy, by all means stick to the Sunnylife!

Right -- I didn't think you were putting them down. Other people have broken them too, so it's definitely a weak link in the SunnyLife design. Nylon doesn't snap like most other types of plastic, so it'll be interesting to see how the PolarPro design holds up.

I have been using both Pro and Zoom versions for about a month now and really like the them compared to OEM. Fit is snug and they appear to be made of the same material as OEM. Mine came from China couldn't find a US vendor at the time.

Just ordered the PolarPro. Getting tired of struggling with the stock one. Looks solid from the video. My only initial concern is the coverage area as the stock cover kinda seals the entire area.

Just ordered the PolarPro. Getting tired of struggling with the stock one. Look solid from the video.

I've removed and reinstalled it 20 times just to be sure and it's good so far. You can actually hold the drone in the air with it. I'm not sure that I'd try that with the stock or Sunnylife unit.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've removed and reinstalled it 20 times just to be sure and it's good so far. You can actually hold the drone in the air with it. I'm not sure that I'd try that with the stock or Sunnylife unit.
Are you satisfied that it is adequate protection for the rest of the gimble area since it’s not a “bubble”?

Last edited:
Are you satisfied that it is adequate protection for the rest of the gimble area since it’s not a “bubble?

Absolutely!!! Of course, I keep my drone in a sealed hard case but I guess some debris could get in there... I'm honestly not worried about that. If that is a concern, you may wish to stick with the stock or Sunnylife pieces.

Been using this one Fstop Labs Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Guard Camera Cover Protector Clamp Lock Clip Holder Protector Dome Bubble Accessories
since the first of Jan. and fly almost everyday and it goes on and off several times when I'm out as I move around to different spots and is as it was when I bought it .
Guess it's just what you want .The PP one might be better as they are a good Co. and use there filters and
if this one ever breaks most likely is the one I get .

Yea that's the Sunnylife one. I have it as well and I think it's decent but it can be a bit fiddly to put on for me. It may not look like it in the video but the PP unit goes on super easily and is VERY strong. I found the Sunnylife/ PGYTech piece allowed the gimbal to move and rattle.

Absolutely!!! Of course, I keep my drone in a sealed hard case but I guess some debris could get in there... I'm honestly not worried about that. If that is a concern, you may wish to stick with the stock or Sunnylife pieces.
I also use a hard case, GoPro. So it should be fine... and easier while still offering great protection.

Yea that's the Sunnylife one. I have it as well and I think it's decent but it can be a bit fiddly to put on for me. It may not look like it in the video but the PP unit goes on super easily and is VERY strong. I found the Sunnylife/ PGYTech piece allowed the gimbal to move and rattle.
Gives me no issues and it's just what you want to use .Didn't post to debate this was just saying . :)

I also use a hard case, GoPro. So it should be fine... and easier while still offering great protection.

Yea I've literally been playing with the two guards and I'm going to come right out and say that the PP piece is much better. It doesn't shift, move, or allow the gimbal to move at all. I can honestly carry the drone using just the lock with confidence. Now perhaps it's overkill but it's a lock that I could see being okay to use without a case in a back pack. It's that solid and REALLY snaps on!

welp... I am in for $25 but it seems like it should be closer to $10.:confused: The stock one is just awful. Ordered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman