DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar pro or Dj ND filter?

I have the PolarPro Cinema Series, they have been great so far, although pricey.

I first bought a set of Neewer filters, the lens quality wasn't too bad but didn't allow the gimbal to initialize so you had to put them on after starting up the Mavic. Not for me, and I quickly ordered a set of official DJI filters. Well they are certainly light, also impossible to put on without putting a fingerprint on the lens that you have to clean off. The lens is not a high quality material that is going to hold up to cleaning every time you take it on and off also the little tabs that hold them on don't hold up and one broke off the first week I had them. Strike 2 on filters, does anyone make a quality filter set? Enter the Polar Pro Cinematic Vivid Collection. After watching several videos on these filters including a YouTube review from Ed Ricker a professional photographer and videographer I ordered a set of these filters based on his positive review and recommendation and I love them and there is nothing I would change on this filter set. These are high quality lenses and really improve the quality of your videos allowing complete control over your camera settings to achieve true cinematic video. I'm sure there are cheaper sets out there that will work and allow your gimbal to initialize but they may not be of the same quality as the Polar Pros. I actually kept one of the Neewer (ND32) but I pitched the DJI filters in the trash which IMHO is what the are. If you don't want to spend the extra money that the Polar Pro filters cost go on YouTube or use Amazon reviews to help you decide on a cheaper set. I'd stay away from any that you can't put on until after the gimbal initialized. Hope you find something that works for you because I think, well I know that filters greatly improve the quality of your videos.

I started with the DJI filter set as the dealer did a good price when I bought my MP. Yes they are very awkward to fit and remove but very very light weight compared to everything else.

I have just purchased the Taco RC, seem to fit easily and easier to fit and remove but a little heavier, gimbal seems to initialise ok.

I have been using freewell filters: DJI MAVIC FILTERS 6-PACK

They are multi-coated and weight only 1 gram. They can stay on the gimbal and it initialises perfectly with them. I was going to get Polar Pro Cinema ND filters but here in Switzerland they have been on backorder for months now. Buying from their website is not an option as with shipping and import duties they become prohibitively expensive.

So I found these Freewell filters. They have free DHL shipping and they will make sure the price on the invoice is under the import duty limit.

I have been using them for a few weeks now and have nothing but praise for these filters. They are optically sound and work as designed. I highly recommend them!