DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro Quality and disregards for the customer My Experience

Cool ...so was the glue actually on the lense it itself?

I'd at least look into asking what's the best solution to cleaning the filters. I've got a lot of high dollar telescope equipment and some have lens coatings on the optics that can be troublesome with some cleaners. Best to go with what they recommend using to clean the filters.

I'd at least look into asking what's the best solution to cleaning the filters. I've got a lot of high dollar telescope equipment and some have lens coatings on the optics that can be troublesome with some cleaners. Best to go with what they recommend using to clean the filters.

I have prime lenses that cost over $5000.00 I just use a lens cloth and a lens pen the real one not the garbage amazon essentials stuff, there’s liquids but I try to never let my lenses get anything on them to require a liquid! Zeiss makes good cleaning solutions! I would ask them if they have something they use? I would just use the pen then a cloth the pen has a carbon dust to bind oils safely then I just use a cloth to wipe it off, I also have blowers with a brush. Anyone who’s into photography can tell you what the do’s and donts are, I still have my first camera a canon T70 and it looks and functions like new still I got it in 1987, I think I paid $800 for the body that’s like $5000.00 today.

I have prime lenses that cost over $5000.00 I just use a lens cloth and a lens pen the real one not the garbage amazon essentials stuff, there’s liquids but I try to never let my lenses get anything on them to require a liquid! Zeiss makes good cleaning solutions! I would ask them if they have something they use? I would just use the pen then a cloth the pen has a carbon dust to bind oils safely then I just use a cloth to wipe it off, I also have blowers with a brush. Anyone who’s into photography can tell you what the do’s and donts are, I still have my first camera a canon T70 and it looks and functions like new still I got it in 1987, I think I paid $800 for the body that’s like $5000.00 today.

Same here. I do use Zeiss wipes on my some of my scopes and found them to be fairly forgiving. Personally I avoid cleaning high end telescope optics unless absolutely necessary. In the drone world I just wipe my filters with a lens cloth. They're not high dollar optics IMO but I'd still want to know what the manufacture recommends.

:)
He received a product that was not up to our standards, so we refunded him fully and sent out a new one for his troubles :)
We completely agree you should get what you pay for in the first place and if we make a mistake we fix it :)
-Jeff from PolarPro
Agreed Jeff, and it’s this response and outcome that will ensure its polarpro I buy when I’m ready rather than not!
I hope your internal feedback is mutually respected and it’s not just you who thinks like this :)

Same here. I do use Zeiss wipes on my some of my scopes and found them to be fairly forgiving. Personally I avoid cleaning high end telescope optics unless absolutely necessary. In the drone world I just wipe my filters with a lens cloth. They're not high dollar optics IMO but I'd still want to know what the manufacture recommends.

I try to treat all my equipment the same a $20 drone filter or a $5000 prime lens, they will last a lot longer! The only thing is with a drone the lens and filters are going to be bombarded with stuff you can’t see or control since they are flying! I would never fly one of my high dollar lenses if I could! (I guess the movie studios have ways to fly there black magic cameras and such) but they have a huge budget and probably have great protection on the lens! I have UV filters as a first line of defense on all my DSLR lenses it’s cheap Insurance I would rather damage a $50 filter than the lens itself! I guess I just look at all my stuff the same regardless of cost, that’s why my T70 is still like new after all these years! I don’t use it much getting 35mm film is hard and I don’t have the space to develop my own film anymore! I like film over digital but it’s a niche market now! With digital you pay a premium for a full frame sensor, film 35 mm is full frame and with a good 100 iso film I personally think it look better than any digital! Kind of like comparing a CD to a Vinyl album.

:)
Agreed Jeff, and it’s this response and outcome that will ensure its polarpro I buy when I’m ready rather than not!
I hope your internal feedback is mutually respected and it’s not just you who thinks like this :)
Great to hear, our company loves taking care and listening to our customers. We make mistakes, but you can rest assured we will make sure the customer never pays for them.
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: e3m6n3s
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60