DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polarizing filter with explorer mode

DEA drone

Reactions
Will the polarizing filter cut through any of the haze when in explorer mode? One would think it would.

A polarizer will reduce atmospheric haze to a certain degree, but this is regardless of zoom factor.

Can you even put filters on the tele lens?

A polarizer will reduce atmospheric haze to a certain degree, but this is regardless of zoom factor.

I have a cheap JSR CPL filter. I don't know about haze but it does a fair job of letting me see into water. It covers both the Main and Tele cameras.

The stock "clear" filter is usually actually a UV Haze filter, best designed for that purpose. However, if using the 7x telephoto, it also "compresses" the haze, thickening it, as it were. As with any telephoto lens or binoculars, you'll have the best results on really clear days.

Yes you can.

This is my Mavic 3 with PolarPro CPL filter attached. It covers both main & telephoto camera lenses.

20220129_131830-02.jpeg

All filters that I have seen so far (from DJI, Freewell, Polarpro, PGYTech) cover both cameras, It would be difficult to design something different and there is no reason to do so either.
Polarizing filters reduce the amount of haze in the atmosphere, present mostly when it's sunny and the temperature is increased. For example in a landscape, viewing mountains from afar. Under these conditions the particles in the atmosphere reflect the rays of light to the camera producing what we perceive as haze. Polarizer filters reduce this by only allowing light polarized at a specific angle to enter the lens. Another benefit is that contrast is increased as well.

Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb